Laguna LED Light go dim when headlights on

LED lights go dim so you cant see radio or mileometer displays when you put the headlights or sidelights on. Any ideas what can be causing this? Is it a bad earth adn would it be easy to identify.

Reply to
kirks

In news: snipped-for-privacy@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, kirks wittered on forthwith;

Probably the dash light dimmer.......

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news:kaWJg.106366$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

YTC.

Reply to
gazzafield

It supposed to do that, so you don't get dazzled / eyestrained by the bright backlight at night. Just turn the dash dimmer up to max brightness but it may seem too bright at night that way. Presumably you can't see the displays properly during the daylight or at dusk with the low sun recently?

If it is the mileometer backlighting (on a 94-00 Laguna) - the bulbs behind that (2 of them for the part of the dash) are always blowing, about once every two years. Simple to replace; just two torx screws to get the binnacle surround off then three screws to remove the dash display. Unplug the two connectors at the back (don't just pull them there's a cam locking them inplace) and then you'll be able to pull the dials out and get to the bulb holders on the back. Takes about 15 mins start to finish.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan

Where is the dash dimmer located so I can turn it up?

Chanegd the bulbs, took me 20 minutes, if I can do it anyone can :-)

Chris Dugan wrote:

Reply to
kirks

It's under the steering column, an unmarked thumbwheel. Roll it as far up as it will go to get the brightest setting.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan

Thanks everything works all ok now, many thanks for everyones help in this matter :-)

Chris Dugan wrote:

Reply to
kirks