seen the rx-8 today

Such a rip off of the s2000 in the front. Only has a 1.3L engine. Looks like CRAP. I thought this was supposed to be an upgraded version of the fast rx-7. This is a four seater with invisible back doors, that's neat and kool for a sports car. Would this even be considered a sports car? I havent herd anything much about the power but does it have any?

I think this car is a discrase.

Reply to
Larry Durst

Powerwise, it is a decent copy of the S2000. Solid horsepower and no torque. When the Car and Driver guys even say it has no torque, then it really has no torque. That kind of engine needs a turbocharger, plain and simple.

Do you have a Hennessey Viper?

Reply to
Brad

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 02:47:58 GMT, "Larry Durst" scribbled:

Uhmm. It's a 1.3L twin-rotor engine. It puts out around 240hp in its non-turbo form. It is considered a sports car, and yes it does have power. Not all engines are your conventional 4 cylinder piston engines. I suggest you actually test-drive an RX-8 before you make a fool of yourself any longer.

-- Phillip Weston Taumarunui, New Zealand

Phillip Weston

lol A fool of myself?

Reply to
Larry Durst

"lol A fool of myself?"

yeah, larry, it seems we're all in agreement here.

Engineering

Reply to
simpleton

Whatever ya say . . .

Reply to
Larry Durst

damn. that's a mean viper.

just one question: what the hell do you do for a living? =D

-- jshdude

Reply to
jshDude