V3000 Rough Idle/Stalling

can anyone help me with this-

i have a 1988 Mitsubishi V3000 - engine 6G72 SOHC 5spd man

The problem is, once its warm, when you pull up to an intersection the car wont idle and splutters until it finally stops. this problem is only intermittent though, as sometimes it wont happen. Thanks, Tim

Reply to
Roger Mogford

Hi Roger

I had the same problem with my 94 V3000, automatic.

It turned out to be a water cooling issue and the mechanics had to replace the thermostat & I think the water pump as well. - it was a few years ago now

It was'nt cheap (about $600 NZD) but I've had very few problems with the car over the years so was not to put out by it.

Graham Warren

Roger Mogford wrote:

Reply to
macwarren

Hi Roger

I had the same problem with my 94 V3000, automatic.

It turned out to be a water cooling issue and the mechanics had to replace the thermostat & I think the water pump as well. - it was a few years ago now

It was'nt cheap (about $600 NZD) but I've had very few problems with the car over the years so was not to put out by it.

Graham Warren

Roger Mogford wrote:

Reply to
macwarren

ISC......

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

replace hte PCV valve for starters, its like $5 at autozone

Reply to
fusQuanto