What does it mean "ECO"

Hello All !!!!!

I have Mitsubishi Carisma. And there is a button on a dashboard with a showflake and an inscription "ECO". A snowflake turns on air conditioner. But can you please tell me, what does "ECO" mode mean? Thank you. Igor.

-- Best Wishes To Us All !!!

Reply to
Igor S. Profe

Pure guess, Economy?

Reply to
TinVT

Economy mode.

It turns off the A/C compressor.

Reply to
Richie Rich

"TinVT" ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ: news:DjfTa.17859$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdny02.gnilink.net...

Quite right you are. But what is economizing - that is not clear to me.

Reply to
Igor S. Profe

"Richie Rich" ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ: news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Thank you for your answer.

That means, that freon does not circulate in the conditioner tubes. But the air is cooling still. Actually, I don't understand, how it works.

Still, Thank You, Rich.

Reply to
Igor S. Profe

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:43:35 +0400, "Igor S. Profe" scribbled:

Economy Air Conditioning. My old Sigma had that.

-- Phillip Weston Taumarunui, New Zealand

Phillip Weston

dashboard with a

Pretty sure that all it does is increase the compressor cycle time. Ie, it lengthens the compressor idle time. The fewer times the compressor is actually switched on, the less fuel is used, making the car more ECOnomical. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

The air con ditioing has two modes. In full mode the power drain on the engine is greater as it works harder to cool down the car. In "Eco" mode the air conditioioner cycles less often causing less strain on the engine and less power loss, hence better economy. Once the car iair s cooled, the a/c should be switched to eco to maintain the temperature

Reply to
Kempys Bitza Mitzys

"Kempys Bitza Mitzys" ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ: news:BA1Ua.91496$ snipped-for-privacy@news.xtra.co.nz...

..skipped..

Thank you. Your answer is absolutely true.

Reply to
Igor S. Profe

ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ

Essentially the same answer you were given 3 days ago. Except I didn't state the obvious. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G