Where can one get a lens for the headlight?

I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant and the lens of the headlight is cracked. I am told I have to buy a whole assembly but I find that a bit of a waste since my headlight works perfectly. It's just the lens that is cracked.

So anyone have any pointers as to where I would be able to get just the lens? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
starwars2099

Did you check with a Mitsubishi parts counter?

Did you try

?

Reply to
mg

I have checked a Mitsubishi dealership they want to charge me like $330 for the whole assembly (which I can get for more than 50% less online).

I selected my car > On 29 Jan 2007 08:54:19 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote: >

Reply to
starwars2099

You'll have to buy a whole headlight assy from the junkyards too. The good thing is you can get them for $100.

Don't mind the ones listed as 'cloudy' - usually a light buffing with car polish will clean that up.

Dave

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
David Geesaman

Seems kinda weird that you can't simply replace the lens!! Especially when the actual light is in perfect working order!!

If I end up getting the whole assembly, I might as well pay like $150 from the Internet rather than search junkyards and get a used one for $100 ($150 on the net, much cheaper than $230 from advanced auto or $330 from the dealership),

How much would the junkyard pay for a perfectly working headlight with a cracked lens?

Reply to
starwars2099

Nothing...

Reply to