850 Front Head Light Glass Lens Replacement

I have a 1995 850 Volvo. My right front head light lens is cracked. I enquired at my local Volvo dealer in Cincinnati OH regarding the cost for a
new glass lens. Much to my surprise I was told Volvo only sells the entire head light assembly for $ 312.00. Wow! I can not buy a glass lens from Volvo.
The crack in the lens does not seem to impair the lighting or visibility at night. I would like to replace the lens before it gets worse.
I have located sources for new glass replacement lens and used glass lens.
How difficult is it to remove the old glass lens and replace it?
Do you have to remove the headlight assembly in order to remove the lens?
Are there any tricks or things to watch out for?
Thanks, Tom Green
1:) Remove the headlight wiper arm (if so equipped) 8mm nut under arm cap 2:) Gently remove the side marker light from the headlamp assembly 3:) With hood open remove the three 10mm screws that hold the headlight in place remove the electrical connector from the headlight 4:) Very carefully remove the clips that hold the glass in place 5:) Remove the broken glass replace the gasket & install the new glass 6:) Reinstall the headlight & side marker light & reinstall the electrical connector a good source I found www.lampsandlenses.com Glenn I have no connection with the above site but have made purchases from them in the past month
--
"*-344-*Never Forgotten"
Is for the New York City Firemen who lost their lives on September 11,2001.

A big thank you to Glenn Klein and Mike F. for your inputs. I really enjoy this group. It has a great bunch of members! I'll let you know how the replacement lens installation turns out. It will be a couple of weeks since my wife is going out of town and taking the Volvo. Regards to all Tom Green

Tom Green wrote:

Keep in mind that the reason you can't buy a lens from the dealer is that your DOT won't let them sell them. Probably everyone else that's selling them are breaking the law as well - unless they're for "off road use only" ha ha.
Follow Glenn's instructions, I just did this to my S70 and decided that the original rubber seal and clips were better than the ones in the lens kit.
--
Mike F.
Thornhill (near Toronto), Ont.