156 Problem

It can't be right - I think I'll have to complain to Alfa Romeo.

I demand an explanation as to why our 156 doesn't use any oil.

Reply to
SteveH

does it run?

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

does it even run?

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

It was properly run-in from the moment it left the factory- i.e. fast and hard??

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

It's a diesel.

Reply to
DervMan

Must be a bi-fuel. Petrol / diesel, then.

Wonder if the factory know they let a rare prototype out into the wild?

Reply to
SteveH

Sarcasm duly noted. :)

Thing is, you're checking, which is a good thing. Too many owners don't check. A friend's wife bought a red 1.8 156 about a year ago. She checked the oil every week as I'd advised :) then got bored because it didn't use a drop.

Trouble is, it must have used some at some point because when Russ checked, it was below the minimum.

But as Tim's said, it's been driven by somebody who knows how to run in an Italian engine. :)

Reply to
DervMan

Mine has a little guage that comes up on the mileometer for 10 seconds at startup to tell me how much i have :-) I know its probly not very accurate, but once it gets low (it hasn't moved yet, except when i park on big hills it goes down one notch) i'll check it manually - well - i'll take it to the garage and get them to fill it up for me ;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

Neither does our Spider. :)

It has another problem though, and I'm going to start another thread especially for you! Hope you can help me out.

Reply to
spam

It doesn't have any oil in it? (that can in the boot doesn't count)

Reply to
Depresion

Your wife drives it? (c:

Douglas