205 GTi mods

Today I replaced the fuel filter on the 205. Even more crazy, I modded it. I removed the K&N element in favour of a factory air filter. Whilst the filter was off, I performed another mod to the filter housing. I taped up the holes that some goon had drilled in it.

The car isn't so pointlessly loud now, and I appear to have lost zero bhp. ;) It also seems to run smoother.

The air filter housing is only held on by one loose bolt into the block, on the left of the housing. There are two bolts further to the right of the housing, underneath it, that connect to nothing.

Does anyone else have one of these (1.9 GTi) and can confirm what these other bolts connect to, if anything? I can't believe the air filter housing should be held on by only one bolt.

Reply to
Antony Gelberg

But, but surely you've lost the go fasterness of it now. I hope you're not going to take the stripes off the side too.

Can't really help you but if it's any consolation the 106 1.5 diesel filter had a pointy thing on the base that just rests in a hole. The only fixing is by way of the jubilee clips on the air pipes.

Reply to
Malc