Medium Saloon Tyres

The Accord will be needing new tyres, in either 195/60/15 or 195/65/15s, speed rating of V. She's wearing Bridgestones on the front and Michelin Energies on the back. The Bridgestones are so underwhelming that they are disgraced by the slippery Michelins at the back. :-o

I don't expect anybody to have replaced tyres on a '99 Accord with these sizes... :-) but enough cars have 195/6x tyres on a 15" rim that enough of you will have replaced same..?

I'm looking for ideas for particular tyre models that offer good, quiet life with predictable handling in this size... I don't need a sporty tyre nor do I care what it looks like. Naturally the choice is bewildering.

In the fleets I've helped managed, we typically went for whatever was original equipment on the car in question or if we didn't know, Michelin Energy, because we were nice to our drivers. ;-)

Reply to
DervMan

normal continentals seem to be good in terms of life and handling

Reply to
dojj

Not by any means fleet experience, but I've used Firestones on a couple of middling saloons around this size and found them to be pretty good.

Reply to
Carl Bowman

Pirelli P6000 if you're feeling a bit flush.

Goodyear NCT5 if you're after longer life and cheaper purchase price.

Reply to
SteveH

In message , Carl Bowman writes

I've had Firestone TZ200's on my Mondeo for about 18 months now and they have been fine. I would have preferred Mich Pilot Primacys like I've got on the Focus but the Mondeo 205/50/16 is one of those expensive sizes and I couldn't afford the Primacys.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Kwik Fit own branders, called 'Ceat' or summet - are well funny in the wet :D

Reply to
DanTXD

Toyo's CF1's!! I would say that wouldn't I, but they are good. In all honesty however and in a lame attempt of your business, a full set to your door would be £170, in 195/60/15's or 195/65/15's both V rated.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Have you thought of getting in touch with some local mobile tyrefitters around the main population centres and tying in with them to supply & fit on commission?

Reply to
fishman

205/45/17s or 205/40/18s with chrome spinners. ;) Take the opportunity as an excuse to upsize to something silly.

Other than that do you need a V rating? are you planning on doing more than

130mph?

Nankang XR611 are cheap, supposedly quiet and comfortable.

Reply to
Depresion

Conti Eco Contact. Slippy as f*ck and save petrol apparently.

Reply to
Doki

If V rated tyres are specified, fitting ones with a lower speed rating _could_ be used by an insurance Co to avoid paying out on a claim. My advice is to not give them the opportunity. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Are you offering haha :) seriously - yes possibly but give me a chance :)

Reply to
Ed

Not slippy, they were awesome on my Dedra.

Reply to
fishman

The Nankangs seem to have reduced fuel efficiency on my TI quite a lot!!

Reply to
fishman

No more money than GoodYear / Conti's / Bridgestones. Wear very well, but abit noisy.

Mich's arent worth the extra in my opinion.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Do you mean the SportContacts?

Reply to
DervMan

I had a decent experience with F700 "Fuel Savers" on our Ka. Not exactly the same vehicle, though...

Reply to
DervMan

Are the Michelin Pilot Primacys really _that_ good? One of the reasons why I'm not bothered if I go for 195/65s rather than 195/60s is that there's a

3% difference in diameter but 60-profiles are usually quite a bit dearer...
Reply to
DervMan

Not really what I had in mind! :P

Reply to
DervMan

They have a great reputation especially in the wet.

How do they wear?

Ooooh who do you work for or how do I find out more?

Reply to
DervMan