A first for a Veyron?

Not a mod I'd choose...

Sandy Nuts

Nope, but then I wouldn't have gone for the red panels either. People have all kinds of tastes I suppose..

Reply to
Albert T Cone

According to The Sun he was hiring it for £20k for a day and was doing around 100mph in a 40 zone.

Homer

Yes, the "french motor"

Reply to
Chet

That's true, it was designed and built in France, however "boasts almost as much power as an F1 car" isn't.

Reply to
Homer

Looking at the pictures though, I can't see it being a true write-off. I've no doubt it will be repaired for many tens of thousand pounds. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Do they ever publish F1 car specs? I always thought F1 power was supposedly around 1000 horses? Have things changed with the new engines?

Reply to
Doki

In the 2005 season the top teams were probably getting about 950hp from the

3.0L V10's. With the current 2.4L V8's it's supposed to be about 750hp.
Reply to
Homer

What are these smaller motors revving to nowadays, anyone know?

Dont they 'tick over' at something like 5000rpm?

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

Last year the Cosworth engines could rev to 20000rpm if they needed to but because of the two race rule for the engines they probably wouldn't have used it unless absolutely necessary.

Homer

20.000 RPM

8000 RPM at idle

TDM

Reply to
Tom De Moor

but they also say that the 520i bmw has a 2.0 V6

so shows what they know eh

Reply to
dojj

i'll ask my mate, he works for an f1 team but i don't think they are THAT revvy at idle, they were on about them being at idle at around

4,000 rpm and reving out to something like just under 19,000 the teams that were using the old V10's were limited to using just 17,500 rpm to stop hem gaining an advantage
Reply to
dojj