About time

...I bloody got back on this NG

Since getting broadband I've not had usenet access :(

Anyway got a good deal $3.95 one off payment and I have (from now on) free access to all newsgroups with 50mb a day limit. Not bad and at least I can post too! the German Server never got back to me.

Anyway what's changed? I've now got a Golf 1.6 Driver. Today I tried to change the thermostat but sheared the head off one of the bolts that holds the housing to the water pump. So I now have a stud sticking out of the water pump which I can't budge. And I need it sorted by Sunday night at the latest, otherwise how the hell do I get to work?!?!

Still got two Lancia Dedra Turbos languishing down in Coventry, waiting for me to MOT them!

Anyway guys, it's good to be back!

Reply to
<fishman nineteen at bifgoot dot com>

Oh, look, it's a Tipo in even posher clothes than a 155 ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Oh that's nasty. The 155 is more posh, the Dedra was just quicker that's all.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I quite like the Dedra Turbo, drove a Dedra Integrale in Italy, that was amusing..

but I still hanker for a late model Thema 16v Turbo...

Reply to
Pete M

If you're going for a really posh Fiat, then a Thema 8.32 is the only way to go......

Reply to
SteveH

I always believed that the Fiat group branding was thus:

Fiat: cheap and nasty for the peasants Lancia: Posh Fiats Alfa: Sporty Fiats

Reply to
SteveH

I like to think my 'grale is more sporty than posh!

-- Chet

Chet

indeed, but backwards Ferrari engine isn't... besides, the Turbo 16v is actually quicker, and a lot less fragile...

The trim in the 8.32 is gorgeous though.

Reply to
Pete M

Thats the main reason for the death of the Integrale. Didn't fit the brand. Luxury car builder that happen to build a psycho nutter rally car.. Didn't make much sense.

Reply to
Pete M

That's from the Lancia 'confused' era, when they couldn't decide if they were posh or sporty.

Reply to
SteveH

Good point - the Lampredi lump is utterly unburstable.

I _need_ a 124 Spider Volumex

Alcantera and leather, innit?

Reply to
SteveH

I see, all makes better sense to me. Better for Lancia to build the Integrale than Renault to build the Vel Satis ;)

-- Chet

Chet

Alfa are gone a bit posh now aren't they, more Audi than Seat IYSWIM

-- Chet

Chet

Nah, not in the slightest. More BMW, if you're comparing.

Hang on. That's not good, is it?

Reply to
SteveH

Might have been good a few years ago, not so sure now...

-- Chet

Chet

"SteveH" wrote

No, pure Poltrona Frau leather throughout, even the dash and just about every interior surface except the pedals and the carpet!

Mind you I still like the interior of my friend's last-of-the-line Thema LS turbo - ice Alcantara. Lovely but a nightmare to keep that way.

Those late model Thema turbos really do fly. They take your face off! The acceleration is so agressive and stays that way from 2500 to 6000 revs in _every_ gear. I've seen an indicated 150 two up on the M1 (not me driving ossifer) - at that speed it is really hard to judge what lane other cars in the distance are in.

My friend who owns the Thema in question drives it like that almost every time he uses it. And it's done about 150,000 miles. And it keeps coming back for more! Mind you he does spend a lot keeping it sweet, though the engine itself hasn't had any work.