Ambulance chasers

There's an ad on telly at the moment for yet another firm of ambulance chasers. It shows some gormless muppet wittering on about driving past a school.

He then says that there were some kids at the bus stop and "perhaps the other driver didn't see them". Then said muppet drives straight into the car reversing out of a drive/side road.

The ad makes it look like the real cause of the crash is pervy Mr Muppet ogling school girls since he's looking sideways at the time, not where he's driving.

Does anyone think about these ads before they put them on the box? So far we've had the "If you hit me at 40mph I will die, if you hit me at

30mph I will live" advert. How about plain not driving into kids? Now we have Pervy Muppet and there was also the Renault "we throw our cars together from bits that blow up".

Anyone think of any other car/motoring ads that missed the mark?

Reply to
Steve Firth

I did yesterday. They told me my vision is perfect and the girl on reception told me I was welcome back to McDonalds anytime.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Couldn't agree more - that's got to be the single most frustratingly fuckwittedly thought up piece of advertising I've ever seen.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

More fuckwitted than "The car they don't want you to drive"

Which, naturally, no-one with any sense wanted to either, as it was uglier than Peter Beardsley in drag.

Reply to
Pete M

What car was that?

Reply to
Doki

The original Almera. Before they went off on one trying to be the Sweeney.

Reply to
Pete M

Reply to
Douglas Payne

You're a sick man, Lord Doug...

Reply to
Pete M

It's a phenomenon.

Reply to
Grant

I really don't like the face of that man on the Peugeot sat nav advert. He looks like he's being sucked off by a ladyboy in the footwell, not like he's driving a pleasant car...

Reply to
Doki

"I'm doin' nearly firty," which was almost as much a non-event as "the car they don't want you to drive."

Reply to
DervMan

How about the current Fiat (Punto?) one that shows the car either falling apart or being thrown together all by itself?

Reply to
Chris Bartram

How about the current Fiat (Punto?) one that shows the car either falling apart or being thrown together all by itself?

Reply to
Chris Bartram

It's very disturbing that you should describe it like that...

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Oh yes, or the Citroen one "We'd rather be making lightbulbs" which I supposed was better than the "Citroen Picasso, even when we use robots they piss about and don't do the job properly, just like all French car workers."

Reply to
Steve Firth

You have to be joking. What we have is comboines, trackers and sheep.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I originally considered posting "He looks like he's got Doug in the footwell, doing things better not described"...

Reply to
Doki

One of those is a twisty rural A road (bit like the A5 in Shropshire way) which is actually NSL. No houses for a few miles and very few junctions.

Reply to
Elder