Another (small) mod

The Cinq. still has massive wear problems on the nearside tyres when running on clockwise tracks - which I believe is convention at least in
the UK.
Speaking with someone on a recent track day, I was advised I need to 'dial in some -ve camber' on the fronts - which is being done this week through the magic of Eibach camber bolts. (They're a cam-shaped bolt which replaces one of the lower suspension mount bolts, enabling -1.75 / +1.75 degrees of camber).
At the same time, the engine and 'box mounts are being beefed up, and front drop-links replaced - before having a full 4-wheel camber / castor / alignment check / setup done.
Can't wait to get it back and see what the difference is.
--
SteveH

On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 21:13:38 +0000, SteveH boggled us with:

Have you got any info on track days Steve? Now I've just landed a real job again, I'll have a bit of money to spend. I think the Activa is just crying out for a remap and a few track days...
--
Mike P

At Llandow, I generally book direct with the track, as they organise their own days - which is why it's so cheap.
For bigger, more well known tracks and airfields, I've been really happy with Motorsport Events.
However, I'm going with BHP Trackdays when I do Castle Combe in December.
I'd advise buying your own bike helmet - open face will do fine, but I wear my full-face lid, and you need your driving licence with you.
Other than that, it's just pay, turn up, and drive.
They usually have an instructor on hand - well worth booking a session on your first day.
I'm sure it won't apply to the Xantia, but some tracks have relatively low noise level restrictions - I haven't had any issues so far with my rather anti-social stainless system.
--
SteveH

On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 21:20:27 +0000, SteveH boggled us with:

Cheers Steve, I'm going to look into it further, you've given me a good starting point. I've already got a decent bike helmet. I'm going to see if I can talk AVM into taking his Activa along too, once he gets the damn thing to stop bleeding green stuff ..
--
Mike P