Any want a project car??

I am selling the RS and need to shift it, would make a good project car for someone, needs MOT etc, and some work but I don't have the time or space :(

Asking price is £900 can't really except offers and looking for a quick sell, remember they are pretty rare I know not everyones cup of tea, but before I put it on ebay thought I would see if anyone wants it.......

Pics in my gallery

Ronny

BTW its a white Series 1, approx 190bhp etc

Reply to
Ronny

btw the topic should read "anyone want a project car" oh and it's for sale as "spares or repair" and it does drive fine..

Reply to
Ronny

You have an aRSe Turbo ? So that's why your so defensive of them...

Reply to
LordyUK

Lol dunno what you mean guv....

Reply to
Ronny

I know they're some kind of classic and what you're asking is probably considered fair and all that but considering you could get a decent Golf GTI with an MOT for the same money (a friend of mine did just that with my assistance and almost 2 years later there's been no trouble with it)... or A Rover 600 Ti??

TBH I really miss my old Golf (even though it was only a Driver and not a GTI) and I think it ultimately made me happier than the Ti because it just had _character_ and it cost =A3150!

Reply to
fishman

ronny email me the specs/condition and your contact details and I will have it sold for you asap.

Reply to
Theo

Yeah but every man and his dog has a golf GTI, plus I find turbo cars more fun to drive

Reply to
Ronny

Theo its all on wellcheap in the gallery the pics are, but email me your email address, and I will fire one back

snipped-for-privacy@1337hosts.com

Reply to
Ronny

Every man and his dog used to have a turbo, until they realised Golf GTis are better... c'mon man, catch up.

Reply to
Pete M

Soz but I wasn't from that GTI camp :(

I preferred the turbo, recur seats, you couldn't really compare a RS turbo to a golf GTI tbh, the equivalent was a XR3i which I preferred but the Golf was equally as good, they both had their plus points.

The Golf had great residuals and better build, the escort had nicer interior, more toys, and was cheaper

Both were equally as capable and many a time I raced my mate in his 1.6 GTI MKI and there was nothing in it, but I had all the toys like ABS, and my heater was always better :)

An RS turbo was always faster than a 1.6 or 1.8 GTI and with a chip would piss on a 2.0 16v golf which was double the price.

Like I said, I like Golf's but I was a Ford boy and the rest is history.

900 quid for a car which at present there is less than 500 left in the world is a good buy.

Series 1 Custom's = The best car Ford ever made, imo of course :)

Reply to
Ronny

Recur = Recaro < damn spell checkers>

Reply to
Ronny

I agree about the seats. I love Recaros, but I prefer the Scheel seats in the RS1600i, so I had those in mine.

Problem with the Escort was always the ride quality. If they handled as well as they rode badly, they'd be great. Although the S1 always handled better than the S2.

ABS on an S1? Weird. The Teves ABS system was utter crap at the best of times. Belt driven, ffs.

Yeah, but the Golf would always waste an RST down a B road, due to the RS's horrendous lag / torque steer / lack of suspension.

Hard to believe, I know, but I'm a Ford boy as well, I just don't like any FWD RS bar the Mk5 "bulge bonnet" RS2000.

Nah, If I was gonna list the best European Fords ever, the list would be as follows.

Capri RS3100 Capri RS2600 Sapphire Cosworth Capri 2.8i Capri 3.0S Capri 280 Escort RS2000 Mk2 Escort RS1800 Mk2 Escort RS 1600 Escort RS2000 Mk1 Escort Twin Cam Sierra Cosworth Sierra XR4x4 V6 Escort Cosworth Granada 24v Escort RS2000 Mk5 Escort RS1600i Granada 2.8 injection Mk2 Granada 2.8 GLSi Mk2 Granada Mk1 3.0S Consul GT Sierra XR4i Merkur XR4Ti Escort RS Turbo S1 Escort RS Turbo S2

So your S1's not at the bottom.. there's a long way to fall from there..

Reply to
Pete M

Yeah but if your a Capri man that must make you around 40, as this seems to be the age for people into that era of car, you tend to love cars you always wanted when growing up, and in 1985 a series 1 was the ultimate for me being

12 or 13 then.

I agree the cosworths are right up there on top, but I would put a series 1 over a RS2000 any day, all the RS cars were exceptional.

Reply to
Ronny

Fair point, are there only 500 left because of CVH death rattle and terminal rust ;)

Reply to
fishman

I'm 34, ffs.

I grew up wanting Mk2 RS2000s, Mk3 Capris and the like. I had them as well.

FWD Escorts have always been a disappointment to me, but the Mk5 RS2000 was a brilliant car for the 8 months or so I owned one.

I had a couple of S1 Turbo Escorts, but always went back to the Mk2 RS's very quickly.

The Mk5 RS is probably the most subtle of all the RS's. Capable of very quick cross country runs and mega reliable.

Reply to
Pete M

Update - it would appear a good buy, just looked on Autotrader and the cheapest is an S2 with no T&T at =A3999

So what needed for the MOT any ideas?

Reply to
fishman

In news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, fishman decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Tis cheap, and looks half tidy.

I just don't like them :-P

My guess?

Inner wing behind the fusebox, floor near the driver seat, boot floor, anti-roll bar bushes.

Reply to
Pete M

Erm, wasn't the Escort RS1800 Mk1 BDA a bit good, if *really* rare?

Where is the RS200, ffs? I'd take a genuine one of those over most of the tat listed in there.

I've seen it... it could do with some TLC as he says, but if a bonafide S1 without too much hidden history, it's well worth £900.

HTH

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Solid tappets, YKIMS.

That, and don't take the total piss with how much boost you run on a standard bottom end...

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

There is what looks like a genuine 79 T plate RS2000 that parks not too far from here... looks absolutely mint, and is used daily - love it.

They're not that reliable, and try getting a replacement engine for one...

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH