Reply to
Tim S Kemp

How cheap?

Reply to
Timo Geusch

PeteM may be selling his Volvo soon..?

Reply to
DervMan

I don't really think a T5 is ideal as a first car, not least because the insurance will be 'HFM!?' and then some.

Reply to
SteveH

Whoosh! :-p

Reply to
DervMan

Nice Audi ?.......

£600 ?

Now that I've experienced the original B5 chassis (Which is a great thing and you're all wrong - no understeer, ever.) I'm sort of deciding I want a 1.8T Quattro.

:-))))

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Insurance will likely be HFM for any car if the new driver is young. I bet its cheaper to insure than many much slower cars. Volvo is 'safe'. Can keep up with traffic. Should be reliable. Non sensible new drivers will lose their licence very quickly and it'll serve them right - what better way to learn?

Ideal first car.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Expensive, slow and wrong hand drive?

A different sort of ideal.

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Sounds perfect, if the T5 is too quick...

Reply to
DervMan

There was a Mondeo parked on a roundabout in Sinfin Derby with £1350 on it all last week. Something like a 51 or 52 plate I think.

Didn't give it much attention except to think there's a car less than

9 years old that's worth less than £2K.
Reply to
Peter Hill