I think I have found a style of kit car I have fallen in love with.

http://www.decorides.com /
Plastic rods are OK, and if you plan short blasts and track time 7 replicas work, but very few of the other kits work, especially the
replicas.
But something about the cars on decorides does for me. So much nicer than the Excaliber, the Le-Sayde, etc.
--
Carl Robson
Get cashback on your purchases

Really ?
So you can't go to work / shopping / sprints / hillclimbs / evening blats, in a GTM Libra or a Rossa K3 or even a Quantum H4 ?
I know these aren't replicas, but buying any sort of replica is a bit sad anyway.
Inicdentally, my first ever kit car was recently sold on ebay. I last saw it 14 years ago and it doesn't look much better now - looks a lot worse actually. Anyway, before clicking the link, remember that I drove this car every single day that I owned it. Sunny / cloudy / raining / snowing. Night / Day /. Long Distance / Local trips. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Robin-hood-s7-kit-car-project_W0QQitemZ220402791723QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item220402791723&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparmsf%3A2%7C65%3A7%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
P.S. I was responsible for the yellow revolutions. The look of this little car, desperate as it is for a ground up rebuild, pretty much sums me up when it comes to kit cars.
If you're into kit cars, you just get on with it. Seriously, the weather is terrible here right now, but do you think for a minute that I wouldn't take the Sylva (137bhp / 500kg / 10,500rpm) if I needed to nip to the shops ? Any excuse at all to scream up and down the gears and then put it away in its shed again.
snipped-for-privacy@beeteeopenworld.com says...

You can, but it isn't necessarily the practicalities, it is the whole styling thing.
Some of them look OK, but they don't look "Amazing". I remember when I first saw the first quantum when the design/kit was reviewed in a kit car mag, something seemed wrong with it.