Anyone go a Tinted windscreen?

The Police are to carry out roadside checks for tinted windscreens:

S P O N I X

She said: "In the current climate, where people who are banned drivers can hide behind tinted windows so the police can't recognise them, this is a positive step."

Lol what bullshit, how does a copper know if your banned or not, unless you live in a town of like 10 people, they have PNC computers for that. Its just another excuse to spend tax payers money on useless and pointless ideas.

Reply to
Ron

And fine motorists for stupid things.... is it illegal to wear sunglasses? No... grrr I'm gunna get stopped I know it... (for the side windows)

Reply to
Ben Organ

Removing illegal and dangerous cars from the road is hardly a 'useless and pointless' idea.

Reply to
Lordy

Good point, sunglasses have loads of tint on them, so whats the difference ??

Reply to
Ron

Yeah yeah, take alook around, notice the number of untaxed, sheds driving around, with no insurance, bald tyres, cracked windscreens, faulty brakes, excessive emissions, no MOT. Then put tinted windows into the context.

Reply to
Ron

Who said that it's dangerous? the article ssay's that a motorcyclist was killed by a driver with tinted windows, he could have been a blind man driving it for all we know, he could have been pissed, on drugs or just a s**te driver.

Wonder how many people have not been killed by drivers with tinted windows when a normal driver would have been blinded :)

Btw I dont have tints lol

Ron

Reply to
Ron

also tints must let in 75% of daylight, just thought would add that bit.

Reply to
Joe

I think they might concentrate on cars with darkened windows that have that lovely 'aero' effect with all the nice bubbles and perhaps the edges not quite straight or peeling off.

Reply to
Mark W

Anyone with common sense.

I'm not referencing anything in the article...

Not got around to it yet, eh ?

Reply to
Lordy

I believe I already did.

Cars do not risk accidents because of having no insurance, tax or MOT. Or having a cracked windscreen. And they certainly do not risk them by having a high CO2 content.

Voluntarily reducing visibility, however, does carry an extra risk.

Reply to
Lordy

Escorts with bin bags sellotaped to the windows then?

-- Did everything just taste purple for a second?

Reply to
Snapper

But you can take the sunglasses off when light levels drop. Windows are a little more permanent than that.

Personally, I think heavily tinted windows look a bit gash anyway, so can't understand why anyone would want them.

Reply to
SteveH

You can wind windows down...

look good IMO

Reply to
Ben Organ

Which is all well and good if you're going to drive everywhere with the windows down once the sun has gone down.

As I was saying - they look gash. And those look distlinctly illegal.

Reply to
SteveH

Do you drive round at night-time with your sunglasses on ?

Good grief :/

Reply to
Lordy

No but I can if I want and its not illegal, show me proof that tinted windows is "dangerous" as you say, and I will belive you.

I dont like bad boy tints, but I'm saying that police should spend there money on more productive things, and if you read the article I was responding to the fact it said they are doing it so police can see banned drivers who are driving, which I said is bullshit.

Reply to
Ron

Is this racist ???????

Ron

There's _very_ strict regulations for tinted helmet visors based on the fact that once light starts to fade you can see absolutely f*ck all detail and lose your sense of perspective due to a dark tint.

Which is why front side windows and windscreens should not be heavily tinted.

I'd say keeping dangerous and unroadworthy cars off the road is pretty productive myelf.

Reply to
SteveH

Why is it that as soon as a joke is made with the ethnic groups in it - it is racist, but when a joke about whites is made then it is OK??? And how do you know the auther of the joke is not a ethnic person with a good sense of humor.......

Reply to
NR 17 26DIVISION