What to stick on his windscreen which wont come off easily? [OT]

Let down all the tyres. Every time. It'll take them longer to move that day, but they should get the message in future.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

P.S. Also leave a note on the windscreen so that some inobservant cretin doesn't try to drive off in that condition. Also, don't get caught on CCTV doing it.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

A pre-printed (not inkjet) label secured with Solvite is very difficult to remove, paste the screen first, then again over the entire label.

Reply to
§|ª®TiߪRtfª$t

It's probably illegal to do such a thing but I do sympathise with you.

Car and car related offences are, in my opinion, the cause of more frustrations than anything else. I'd like to do what you suggest on cars which park in disabled bays (nose in, facing the large restrictive notices).I'd like to do it on the cars which park on pavements, forcing pedestrians to walk in the road, I'd like to do it on cars which park across people's drives - even when there's a car in that drive.

And lots more.

Grrrrrrrrrr.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In news:965C6DDDFB1A064A18E@204.153.244.156, Zak decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Don't use adhesive.

You know what's 10 times as annoying?

McDonalds gherkins.

If you put one of those on a window on a sunny day, they're a total pig to remove. Has to be a genuine McDonalds one though, it's the sauce... They have the same adhesive qualities as a sticky thing, and said parkers will think kids have been targeting their cars.. We all know the last people we want messing with our car is kids. Scarier than any label, sticker etc.

Alternatively, just put up with people parking in your car park, or move to somewhere where there's more room. After all, who'd live down South?

Reply to
Pete M

You say OUR car park, what do you mean by this? does it have 'residents parking only'?does it have a council parking sign saying no parking at any time? if not then it's parking facility for anyone, at any time, at any day

Reply to
Grouch

Dog poo under the door handles. Put it there with a stick.

They'll think kids do it and won't park there again.

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

I used to LOVE putting stickers on the cars in disabled bays when I worked in a supermarket. Big A4 sheets that took hours to scrape off. Then I`d stand by the car and wait for the owner to come out. "Who put that on my car????". "Me, is there a problem?". . The other customers watching this used to wet themselves laughing!

And if a cars on a pavement, squeeze past it! If you hit the wing mirror, such a pity! :-)

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

And we thought the yob culture was kids, the ones that walk with a limp and talk like Kenzie.

Reply to
Gøñzølã

This is slightly off-topic but posted to groups where I figure people would have some good ideas to help me out.

------

I live in a small block of flats near London. When they go shopping some people like to park in our car park. If this does not happen much then we just accept it.

However, recently a small number of strangers have started parking here regularly and some leave their car here all day while they are at work.

There is entry no barrier to our car park and the warning notices and (fake) clamping notices on the car park walls are ignored. These peristent parkers also ignore our little notes left under the wipers asking them not to park in our car park.

SO THIS IS MY PLAN. I reckon I should now stick a A4-sized "Please Do Not Park Here" notice on the windscreen of these regular parkers and make sure the notice is attached with some sort of glue that takes them a long time to remove.

What do you suggest I use for glue? If I use some rubbery sort of compound like Bostik or Evostik then it will cost quite a bit as I probably need a tube of the glue for each notice. If I use a hard-setting glue like superglue then it will probably come off with an ice-scraper as the wind screen will probably be a bit dirty & dusty.

Can I buy and preprinted EXTRA-MESSY self adhesive notices which say "Please Do Not Park Here" ?

Any ideas as to what (relatively cheap) adhesive I can use would be welcome.

Reply to
Zak

Yes, my route (on foot) to university used to pass through a hospital. Many cars used to park on a particular pavement, making it very narrow, which was very selfish, given that (a) there was a car park with plenty of spaces and (b) the pavement became too narrow for wheelchairs, which are obviously very common in hospitals, forcing wheelchairs into the road.

Of course, we clearly weren't careful enough when walking down the remaining narrow path to avoid knocking the occasional mirror off...

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Hi Zak

The fake notices are a good idea, but you need to reinforce them with some psycology.

Put up some new, bigger notices that look differenet. The inference is that a new company has taken over.

Beg borrow or steal a wheel clamp. I think you can hire them. Or make a mock one from MDF & paint it bright yellow.

Fix this to your own car with a big label on the windscreen in yellow/black. Leave in conspicuous position. Repeat next day with neighboors car.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

Water based. Gum or wallpaper paste based. Most of the other glues will peel from glass, but pastes and gums are stronger than the paper.

Use weak paper too. Make them have to scrape it off inch by inch, not peel the sheet.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I had this problem when I was staying at a friend's flat in France. His car space was always used up. I used to park my car tight up behind the offender so he had to find me to get it out. This obviuously only works if you have enough space to do this without encroaching on the highway or someone else's land.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

notices

inference is that

yellow/black.

car.

They'll probly get round that one by clampin their own 4 wheels of the car.

Reply to
Gøñzølã

Just write a nice message on his screen using a lipsalve, or similar product. When you try to wipe it off it just smears - it's a real pig to remove without hot water or chemicals.

P.

Reply to
paul ockenden

yellow/black.

Clever. But why fake it when you can do it for real?

NT

Reply to
bigcat

And how did you know who was disabled and who wasnt? You sound like a genuine plonker.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Or just employ a wheel clamping firm. I can't imagine they would charge you given the profits

-- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 4826 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try

for free now!

Reply to
Stuart Noble

There's a national scheme for disabled badges that indicates which cars are permitted to used disabled spaces.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle