Re: Theiving pikey bastards...

didn't you have your car nicked while ago under the same header or was that someone else using that header? I always take my £250 sony facia off even if gone for 2 mins. G/f's brother was in Southampton for the weekend he decided to go home night early, that night every car on that street had their stereo nicked. He can't take the facia off his. lucky escape or what?

Reply to
Joe

Nah, that wasnt me. I'll be taking my facia off more often in the future!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Where in Soton is that then? I live just down behind the uni library sorta area, and havent heard of any probs (although I have opted not to put *any* of my £2k sound system into my car as it has the same level of security as a soggy paper bag)

Sorry to hear that mate

Reply to
Max Hamlet

Ergh why dont they break some glass rather than lever the doors?

I was fortunate enough to havemy window smashed (if fortunate is the word!) when my car was broken into. The signs were that they'd rooted everywhere to find the stereo fascia but didn't find it cos it wasn't there.

They did find the boot release in the glovebox though and nicked my mountain bike.

Bike insurance, house insurance and car insurance passed the buck over who I should claim from. Ended up being my car insurance but I calculated the loss of NCB and hight excess for a 21 year old in a 2.0 Turbo car made it not worth a claim. FL Autos sorted me out with the glass I needed and I fitted it myself in about 30 minutes.

The policewoman I reported the crime to (police station 5 mins walk away from crime scene) said, in a nonchalant way "there've been a lot of carf break ins round there recently"

I asked if there had been a big drugs bust recently - she proudly said there had. I thanked her for putting up the price of smack so that ordinary people get subjected to more petty crime.

I feel your pain.

Reply to
Fishman19

But why go to the trouble of levering the door, same as the ones who punch through the door skin.

Are they honestly THAT stupid?

I just got an old car with the original stereo which I'd piss myself if anyone broke in and nicked it, wouldn't get a £1.00 for it but a nice bright full wheel lock so they can't steal the car. Mark S.

Reply to
mark

Don't they say 90 percent of vehicle crime is done by smackheads?? That doped up, pale faced, piss covered, smarmy faced tart of a policewomen ain't much better either. A police officers job isn't done until they have given you a crime reference number.

-- (Scum Mail Bouncer In use). (Remove the two "n" from email address to reply directly).

Regards..... Steve.

Reply to
FEo2 Welder

I used to live down there (kind of). Harefield Road to be exact. Lots of dodgy people about down there (especially a certian house down Woodcote Road). We got all of our cars broken into over one night, although luckily they got disturbed/gave up on mine, and i only had to replace a door lock. I live in Totton now (near J2 of M27) which i thought was quiet and safe...

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

The Police were very good. Phones up at about 6.45, gave all my details and got a crime number. Then at about 9.00 the forensic guy turned up at work and dusted the car down looking for prints or any other evidence. Unfortunately there was none coz they were wearing gloves. Still, i was quite impressed with them.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Hmmm, now that *is* impressive.

Reply to
Lordy

I suppose thats the benefit of working right next to a Police station!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

In article , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Well, he could always nip in his Tea break, instead of keeping up with the serious job of digitally enhancing Speed camera photos like he does the rest of the time.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Seconded. When mine was done about 5 years back, the story went :

"Hi. I've just had my car broken into." "What did they take ?" "A £30 Amplifier from the boot - there was nothing else to nick." "OK, your Crime Number is xxxxxx. Have a nice day." "Er..."

Reply to
Nom

How bizarre, whenever I get back to the Uk from Italy, I usually have a pcoketfull of requests from Italian mates to look up prices of ICE/computer parts/home entertainment electronics because they all cost an arm and a leg in Italy compared to the UK.

Reply to
Steve Firth

It was from the tax-free electronics place on the top of a mountain, somewhere near Rimini. Without the 17.5% VAT, it was PLENTY cheaper than the UK price :)

Reply to
Nom

Err that's not in Italy, it's in San Marino. And it was sold without 20% IVA, not without 17.5% VAT.

Reply to
Steve Firth

My point was that it was cheap ... and it was !

Reply to
Nom