anyone want my BMW?

Reply to
DanB

Agreed. What's the point in putting words on the screen that are unreadable, especially as you've downloaded them you may as well be able to read them. Of course, ours leaves the words in black, so these little mistakes don't matter :-)

Reply to
DanB

I got the hell out of Vegas as fast as I could. But I was impressed with the city - it is as it appears in films etc. Impressed is not the same as wanting to be there though...

(was there for a conference. A rather good holiday followed.)

Reply to
Clive George

I went with 2 mates for 10 days and we had an awesome time, although we did agree if we were going again, now we'd seen everything, a long weekend would do just for some small money gambling fun etc. I imagine being there with friends on holiday makes it a lot more fun than being there for a conference of course. We all said the films thing as well heh! It is just the same and you can really tell where the films were. Whereas when I went to New York a few months ago it's really hard to recognise bits. Also, there wasn't any shooting at all, no cops with civilian partners charging through central park in a taxi and we didn't get mugged or blown up!

Reply to
DanB

He's an Essex boy, ISTR.

Reply to
SteveH

Nothing to show from it other than 11,000 photos, many long-lasting friendships with people from all over the world, and countless unforgettable experiences.

Given the choice between the above and a car I know what I'd choose as no material posession could ever deliver so many ingredients for happiness.

Reply to
fishman

Nothing to show from it other than 11,000 photos, many long-lasting friendships with people from all over the world, and countless unforgettable experiences.

Given the choice between the above and a car I know what I'd choose as no material posession could ever deliver so many ingredients for happiness.

A fair point of course - but in financial terms heh... ;-) I would rather have all my friends etc than material stuff as well of course - especially right now. Well, I'd need to keep the Xbox 360 / PS3 and big plasma as well, just so we could all use them and have fun doing it hehe! You wouldn't beleive the amount of passion and emotion that is shown during a game of Pro Evo... That and the classic N64 for Mario Kart, that still gets played and has the same emotion causing levels as Pro Evo easily, as it's a battle from our child hood. We stopped shy of getting the SNES out of the loft to play the original Mario Kart though as we feared it might be crap and we'd have ruined the memories - so we're never meeting that hero :-p

Reply to
DanB

true

Reply to
Vamp

Naturally. And I am more awesome because I didn't join the group for advice on neons for a Cavalier :)

ah the memories

Reply to
Vamp