Argh!

Perhaps not current model, but there are the bigger ones sub 60k an 3 years for £12k.
--
Dan
Clio R27 F1 #65
DanB wrote:

really? I only see the little ones...
Add pictures here
βœ–

What counts as which heh? I was thinking something like this -
http://www.cargiant.co.uk/Mercedes/details.asp?Id78223
I know that is 58k, but there are some 05 platers and stuff with less miles that make it under the money - I just liked the wheels on that one :-)
--
Dan
Clio R27 F1 #65

http://www.cargiant.co.uk/Mercedes/details.asp?Id85002
Although that one is a nicer spec, but I dunno the details of that C230 spec 1.8 supercharged engine, is it good?
--
Dan
Clio R27 F1 #65

http://www.cargiant.co.uk/BMW/details.asp?Id83918
This one might be worth a look, I bet it's a high miler though :-(
Best engine of all though, mentally smooth straight 6, and what is it, 267bhp?
--
Dan
Clio R27 F1 #65

Look at that interior..... it's very basic, and I don't fit in a 3-series very well.
Kept banging my knees on the bottom of the dash.
www.italiancar.co.uk - Ducati 750SS - Hongdou GY200
βœ–

Basic, but not exactly 'crap old Volvo' is it? And you have a much larger amount of power to amuse yourself with to take your mind off it ;-)
--
Dan
Clio R27 F1 #65

Heh, no, but they're *very* basic compared with the A4 sat on the drive at the moment.
www.italiancar.co.uk - Ducati 750SS - Hongdou GY200
βœ–

I struggle to beleive the equivalent Audi would be nicer heh! Also, the Audi like 3ltr range petrol engines aren't even close to a patch on the BMW straight sixes - which are the best available in that sector by a fair way.
--
Dan
Clio R27 F1 #65
DanB wrote:

The C is the smallest merc saloon. C230 is quite nippy. 220CDi the best buy.
Add pictures here
βœ–

They seem a bit more money. Seen as someone else is paying the tax and fuel bill, I'd be going petrol, and 'it's only a 1.8' *cough* :-)
--
Dan
Clio R27 F1 #65

Ah this is a C230K is appears (K been the 1.8sc suffix), with 192bhp, and there is a C230 with a 2.5 na motor as well, that makes 204bhp according to Parkers and is half a second slower to 60 than the K (8.4 as opposed to 7.9). The C230K was introduced in 04, so whether it replaced the normal C230, someone else will have to answer that. It was a bit less Co2 output as well, 214 as opposed to 222 - both band F.
--
Dan
Clio R27 F1 #65

And of course the old 230 being a 2.3 I4 donk too.
I had this half baked idea that the C180K and C200Ks were both the supercharged Mitsibishi engine, but the C230K was a 2.3 I4 supercharged. However I've only really paid attention to the Mercedes Benz CDI range...
--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

And tip-ex out the engine size on my MOT and insurance documents?
We have to keep the documents on file, which makes buying something with a big engine, even if it's quite economical, a bit problematic.
www.italiancar.co.uk - Ducati 750SS - Hongdou GY200
βœ–

Not true on the later cars.

Hmm, not quiet in comaprison to what? I couldn't tell any difference between the XJR and the E-class in terms of noise. Oh hang on yes I could, less tyre noise in the Jag.

Indeed. The X350s are also quiet but you get the V8 noise which is unlike any other V8, a glorious howl, but not the rumbling you get from a Ford or Chevrolet V8.
Add pictures here
βœ–

It's true on an X350. Perhaps not an ally XJ, but all the XJ40 based stuff has a daft boot.

My Dad's current X350 doesn't strike me as being especially quiet, in comparison to my 406. The XJ40s seemed stupidly quiet. I think everyone else has caught up and the low profile optional tyres on my Dad's don't help.

Aye.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Bah. Confusion! Substitute X350 through all this for X308...

Add pictures here
βœ–