Attn: Burgerman

Or anyone with an ultra fast connection.

How about hosting a URCM Counter Strike server everyweek or somthing, that would be awesome!

Who else would be up joining in?

Reply to
REMUS

Well I only have 2 meg connection and dont actually know what counterstrike is!

Reply to
Burgerman

Its a half life modification, really good fun. I think I have two copies of half life (you only need the cd-key since you use steam to download the game+mods) i'll go and see if I can find the other bugger if you are interested?

Posted by Nom in the "online games" thread:

"1. Download

  1. Install it

  1. Choose "Register A Product I Already Own"

  2. Type in your HalfLife CD key

  1. The end. Leave your PC on while you go to work, to download all the games and updates and everything ever, automatically.

It's great ! "

Or in your case go and make a cup of tea and all the games will be downloaded ;)

Reply to
REMUS

IIRC it's still only 256kb up, not a lot when you have a few people on a server.

Reply to
Depresion

There would only be 5 or 6 of us max I reckon though. I've hosted a server and played with freinds but it gets a bit choppy since I only have 512

Reply to
REMUS

I havent played CS in about 4 years, but assuming it works on an old copy of the original half life i'd be up for it. Although my connection aint too great. And where do you get CS from?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Change your ISP !

2Mb is the norm now that BT charge on data-trasfered, instead of line-speed.

Free setup. Free modem. 2Mb. Unlimited. £19.99 a month.

Reply to
Nom

Here are the instructions :

  1. Download
  2. Install it

  1. Choose "Register A Product I Already Own"

  2. Type in your HalfLife CD key

  1. The end. Leave your PC on while you go to work, to download all the games and updates and everything ever, automatically.

You'll find Counterstrike and a bunch of other games in your list, just from a single HalfLife CD key.

Reply to
Nom

I've owned a few CS servers, the max you will get out of a DSL connection is

5-6 at a push, When I get my new UK webhosting server I will create a CS server so you can play on it, I am also going to host a BF2 server but I need to see how much bandwidth it will consume.

People don't realise how much bandwidth you need to host a game server, expect around 100Gb a month for a 16 player server.

Reply to
Ronny

or come here and find me

195.20.109.95:27015

Wc3FT mind :D

Reply to
Theo

I dont have time to play games as there is too much real life to do first! Thanks anyway...

Reply to
Burgerman

You don't *have* to play it :) you could just put it up for a few hours every week as a gesture of how lovely you are *hugs*

Reply to
REMUS

Yea thatlwork...

Reply to