Attn:Doki, 3 door golf GTI

Near me, G plate red 3 door, steel sunroof, 5 spoke alloys (not=20 originals).

Looks very tidy, doesn't look to be a mark on it, paint very shiny=20 (although it is being sold by a car valeting place).

=A31295 King and Queen car wash Warrington. He's got a couple of cars for sales,=20 and it used to be a car sales lot, became a car wash, and sells one or=20 two a month on the side.

--=20 Carl Robson "Sorry Sir the meatballs are orf" (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Too dear for me mate.

Reply to
Doki

Er, what ?

All the warranty means, is that if your car breaks, the warranty company pays to fix it. It's merely an insurance policy.

Whether the car is dodgy in the first place, isn't relevent. Infact, you're getting a good deal if it IS dodgy, cos you won't have to pay to fix it !

Er, it means you avoid repair bills.

All the ones I've ever had, cover everything except consumables (battery, brake discs and pads, tyres, exhaust etc.)

WarrantyHoldings happily paid out £500 to my local garage, for him to replace the heater-matrix on my Mk2 Pug 405 (complete dash-out job).

Reply to
Nom

Eh ?

How can insurance-against-breakdown, be worthless ? For the premium, you're covered against breakdown. So if it busts, they pay.

It's that simple.

Er, they're well under £200 for your "average" car.

You only need a single repair doing to make the premium back !

Reply to
Nom

lol nom I done a search for warranty holdings as I'm after a warranty for my car after my 6 months is up, and look what turned up :)

Ronny

Reply to
ron

Hint: They very rarely actually pay for anything.

Making the claim, however, isn't.

Aside from them excluding a stupid amount of stuff (if you don't believe me, check the small print), they also tend to specify an unrealistically low hourly labour rate. Last one I had was around £25 / hour. Even my local tame mechanic didn't work for that (he was £25 + VAT). There's also 'book' times set for a lot of jobs, again, most of which can't be done in the time specified.

If you think a £200 warranty on a sub-£1k, over 10 year old car is going to actually do anything then feel free to take up the offer. A fool and his money are easily parted.

A cheap 3rd party warranty will just about cover you if the engine self distructs (even then, getting it fixed will be a long and drawn-out affair, with you paying for it to be stripped to prove it was covered.... if it isn't then you've spent silly amounts of money on diagnostics for sod-all), but that's just about all it'll cover.

Reply to
SteveH

Not the case.

Mine have all paid-out just fine. If it's not on the exclusion list, then they have to pay - you have a contract that says so !

Example :

Take car to local garage.

Tell them heater-matrix is leaking, and give them warranty details.

Local mechanic phones warranty people, and tells them the above.

Warranty people : "Yep. Book-time on that job for a Pug 405 is 7 hours. So we'll pay 7 x your hourly labour rate, plus the £80 for the matrix itself that we have listed here. Send us the invoice when you're done, instead of giving it to the customer."

It's that simple !

I've had plenty of these warranties ! They don't exclude anything, except consumables and car-audio !

They specifically say "We cover everything except brake discs and pads, tyres, exhaust, battery, car-audio, and a couple of other things".

A. They pay whatever the garage charges per hour.

B. The book-times are taken from the main-dealer service manuals, so are usually pretty much bang-on for an experienced main-dealer. I didn't use a main-dealer for any of my claims though.

Poppycock.

See my heater-matrix above. They also paid out a few hundred quid for a new alarm-control-unit on the same car, and something else that I can't remember right now.

Reply to
Nom

Yay !

I cost them a shitload of money with my claims. If the same applies to every customer, then I can see why they've gone bust :) :) :)

Reply to
Nom

I wonder what they were doing wrong... ;)

Reply to
Questions