I'm strangely wanting........

This strange creation:

I don't know what it is, whether it's the genuine 5 owners from new, rebuilt

1800cc engine, the level of literacy of the seller, the paint scheme on the engine, or the lovely job done to the interior :-)

Peter

-- "Diamonds are what I really need - think I'll rob a store, escape the law, and live in Italy. Lately, my luck has been so bad, you know the roulette wheel, it's a crooked deal, I'm losing all I had."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Oh my good god

Reply to
Chet

And now i've just seen theres bids on it!!

Reply to
Chet

Loving the dash. ;)

Reply to
Depresion

You really should need some sort of licence to buy spray paint.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I'm quite taken by the wobbly sides and the 'not a lot of service history as done work myself' and of course the duplo engine.

Reply to
jeremy

the outside actually looks not too bad

then you see the interior shot and think OMG

Reply to
Rob

I don't know about that. The panel work looks about as flat as Pamela Anderson.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

My guess is they've got shares in a gobbo company.

Reply to
Conor

they've even painted the pressure release valve...

Reply to
Questions

worth it for the rear arches..

Reply to
Theo

Well look at it this way, it's worth it for the body kit and alloys if you like carltons. GSI 3000 engines are always up for grabs for f*ck all cash, replace those stupid doors burn that rear spoiler and bonnet (it would of been ok if he hadn't stuck on a variety of vents) and you will have a nice(ish) fast and comfortable car.

I can see what that guy was trying to do with the wobbly doors maybe if you sanded them down or somthing?

Prolly end up costing you the wrong end of £700 tho, total, before you even start trying to mot it.

Reply to
REMUS

OR, you could just buy a straight and relatively good condition GSi 3000 24v and save yourself a lot of money, time and heartache. You'd also be spared a playschool engine bay and that dash .

To its credit, it has curvy rear arches, a la Lotus Carlton, and LC's are cool.

Heh, its too far the wrong side for £50 for my liking...

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Hello,

It belongs on the Shed Of The Week section of

- it is a complete shed. The side looks like it is all bumpy, maybe paper mache -
WHY do people do that sort of thing to cars. No service history, probably no receipts either - definitely one to avoid in my opinion. £20 for scrap at the most. It will be withdrawn after his friends stop trying to push the bids up, which is why there is a disclaimer.

Reply to
v2

Very cool ;) i think you could level those doors out with a 2x4 with sand paper and just rub it up and down and smooth it one section at a time working your way down the curve.

Reply to
REMUS

this is taking my eye.....

Neil B

At least they're not trying to pass it off as a 'Lotus Carlton Replica' anymore lmao

Reply to
Rusty®