Paging Mr Chet. Sard R2D2

What do you reckon to them, and does your Renault have an airmeter (flap or wire).

What is the sound like.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I must've mentioned this somewhere before or its i bizarre coincidence because an R2D2 is on my 'to buy' list for the last god knows how long. Haven't heard one but they look savage and are supposed to be very loud.

Mine uses a MAP sensor even as NA. I had to replace the standard one with a

2bar one for turboness. Expensive little items!

Chet

Reply to
Chet

when i googled for details about the Sard, your name came up, at the renault board.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I've just looked these up, what a mad looking device?!

Are we going to hear a certain toyota making funny noises around the streets of Cheshire soon?

I've still got my old Bailey DV24 for the next turbo I lay my mitts on, who knows what form that may take...

Reply to
fishman

Ah i see :) I will get one sometime. Cheapest i've seen is 100 quid on ebay. RRP is somethin like 200!

Reply to
Chet

I shouldn't really tell you, as I'm thinking about one, but there is a=20 seller on Ebay ATM called 5400rpm, who has one on buy now substantially=20 cheaper than =A3100. I'm tempted myself.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Quite possible. I planning on adding a boost guage, an MBC (not a bleed valve), and a fuel cut defender, so I'm thinking a boost guage might be a tad beneficial rather than just make a noice.

I've thought about Bailey's but I would need an Evo/DV26 because of the air meter.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I shouldn't really tell you, as I'm thinking about one, but there is a seller on Ebay ATM called 5400rpm, who has one on buy now substantially cheaper than £100. I'm tempted myself.

You shouldn't have told me! Not when i'm flat broke anyway :( I've mailed the seller for a price on shipping anyway, i might scramble together a few quid.

I came across a thread on a nissan forum and someone was commenting on how good they sound

Chet

Reply to
Chet

"Sleeker GT Phwoar" wrote

Ah an MBC my friend has been researching the best ones (he's literally got a bootfull of different varieties of them) and has settled on one type. They are fairly easy to make yourself with about £6 worth of bits from B&Q once you know what you're doing.

Anyway, he's now importing the ones he found to be the best from the states and selling them on ebay. He'll do you one for about £18. Alternatively look him up on ebay username plc_trading.

Reply to
fishman

In article ,=20 snipped-for-privacy@turdburglar.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Yep, the standard Dawes Device type thing. Wasn't sure whether to build=20 one, Buy a K1ano type one (one of the GT4 club guys who has pretty much=20 worked out what you need to get it just right on a GT4), or ebay for a=20 nice anodised one. =20

I'll look him up, because I noticed that some of those for sale are DIY=20 B&Q types at =A330 or above.

--=20 Carl Robson "Sorry Sir the meatballs are orf" (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

Sleeker GT Phwoar

In article , snipped-for-privacy@eircom.net spouted forth=20 into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Did you get one? The =A369.99 buy now one has gone. bugger.

--=20 Carl Robson "Sorry Sir the meatballs are orf" (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Did you get one? The £69.99 buy now one has gone. bugger.

Nope, wasn't me :(

Reply to
Chet

In article , snipped-for-privacy@eircom.net spouted forth=20 into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Pooh.

The guy that is selling them and the HKS SSQV's plus a load of other=20 Saab/HKS/Blitz and general JDM stuff is supposed to be good. A few guys=20 in the GT club have bought from him, and it is all shipped from=20 Japan/Asia direct to the UK, but he is really quick.

--=20 Carl Robson "Sorry Sir the meatballs are orf" (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Thos Sard things look interesting, whats the score with my recyc type bypass valve? can I fit one of these? or will it cause problems with the MAF sensor not sensing enough air as it dumps it to atmosp

I know you can get BOV that only dump 50% or whatever amount you set it too, then it recirc's the rest.

If you wanna group buy it, the yank ebay site has it cheaper at $114 + $30 delivery then $5.00 per extra one, so thats like 80 quid delivered each

Reply to
ron

In article , snipped-for-privacy@fsplanes.net spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Normal ones can leak during normal running, so you need a double piston dump valve with an air meter. Also it can cause over fueling, which can lead to black smoke or stalling, which the double piston seems to help.

The Bailey DV26, 36, and 37 are double piston, Forge do one too in their racing series.

Gofastbits are the manufacturers of the hybrid ones in Australia, but they are badged as many things over here. I think one is Smartdrive or something similar, they do recircs, Hybrids, and single and double pistons.

I still haven't decided which one I want to go for yet.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Got one :)

2left at time of posting but he says he has loads. $30 postage to here soassume same for you

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Possibly sold, yey!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 - But soon a fancy T28!1998 Audi A4 - For Sale

Reply to
Chet

Yeah, I went with

Same item, with a GBP buy now, and =A320GBP shipping. Just got to find a Silicon T-Piece in the tiney little backwater they=20 have a cheak to call an industrial town.

--=20 Carl Robson "Sorry Sir the meatballs are orf" (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

Sleeker GT Phwoar

I've just ordered a Sard R2D2 from 5400rpm. I guess in a few days (after it arrives and I find a T-Piece fitting kit) I will find if it works.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I have an alloy T-Piece goin spare. I think its quite narrow tho, maybe 2"

Any good to you?

Reply to
Chet

Needs to be silocon mate. The Turbo and IC is linked by a 2-3" long=20 piece of rubber hose. That is what needs to be replaced until I go for=20 an FMIC.

lousy picture but the black metal pipe at the front of the IC is linked=20 directly to the outlet of the turbo (directley below it) by a short=20 rubber hose of roughly 54-55mm diameter. The T piece replaces those.

There isn't anywhere to get in a metal t piece.

This will hopefully change once I get the FMIC setup.