Audi 80 / 100 handles on the Golf - yay or nay?

Needs patches welding into the doors anyway as the doors have been broken into at some point....

Reply to
Doki

Weren't the very early 80's Audi ones a straight swap?

Reply to
Conor

I think they are the same handles. I'm talking the recessed body colour ones from later cars.

Reply to
Doki

Ignore the fecking horrible paint job and body mods, they're the handles I'm thinking of. I'm going to delock the doors and fit remote locking to make it a bit harder for scalls to get into.

Reply to
Doki

That interior is well nice, and I bet it GLF. On the handles - what do yours at the moment look like? Sticky out ones? Yea do it :-) Then copy his engine...

Reply to
DanTXD

Another option would be MK3 / 4 style handles:

Doki

That's pretty much what my car will look like once I've fettled it a bit. Got those wheels in the shed, tempted to get them on the lathe and polish up the rims. The indicators on mine are orange, the lamps are standard not the crystal ones on that car, and the GTI badge on my car is a proper one, not a MK4 style one like he's got and my windows are VW green tint ones. Mine will be about that ride height, possibly 10mm lower if I fit 16V suspension to the car.

Might go with standard rear handles (reduces the amount of welding and pissing about to be done by a good day and a half). Byt on the other hand, white Audi handles and spraying the wing mirrors body colour would look pretty flash.

Reply to
Doki

Sorry...getting confused with different Golfs in different threads.

Reply to
Conor