Bah

I'll happen to be looking the other way when the crate appears and my wad of crispy notes disappears...

Reply to
DanB

If a company goes bust they may well not pay their contracted redundancy payments - but only the legal minimum. Which isn't very much.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

As per my other post - even if they don't go bust, if someone has 20 years service and is on 1 month notice in their contract, they'll only get their month's notice plus 16.5 weeks pay at statutory rates.

Reply to
SteveH

He's not my mate, so he can't have any... rates or pies, that is. ;-)

Reply to
JackH

"DanB" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Eat that sort of crap, Dan, and you'll never make old bones.

Reply to
Adrian

They don't have the money to do this - bit of a tabloid newspaper spin.

Nah instead they'll tap the Gilt market for the debt...

Reply to
DervMan

Maybe combine the two and ram raid your local Greggs!

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Bullpoo! You beat me to that joke. D'ooooh!s

Reply to
AstraVanMann

I'm gonna go right ahead and risk it :-p

Reply to
DanB

"DanB" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Don't say you weren't warned...

Reply to
Adrian

You'd not be mine either if you came round offering me Ginsters and Pork Farms gear. Rob that pork pie shop in whitby and you might be onto something.

Reply to
Doki

The posh pie shop in Bearsted near Maidstone in Kent is worth a visit... so I'm told. ;-)

Reply to
JackH

Well ok, that's not far from me, but I can't drive the van. But if you want to store them here, that'll be fine. Who would ever suspect the poor little ill guy?

Reply to
DanB

It depends on the time they have been employed.

More than 2 years but less than 12 is is one week for each year. More than 12 years, at least 12 weeks notice. If a contract states a different notice period, the longer period is used for redundancy.

So someone with 20 years service and forced into resigning with an exit package rather than being made redundant through the normal process and get contract notice would lose out considerably.

I remember because I was made redundant 2 years ago and spent some time looking into what I was likely to get.

Reply to
Elder

Have a shelf like they use for shopping fitted to your wheelchair and throw tartan rug over your knees reach under when you see a punter "Wanna buy a pie"

Reply to
Elder

Pies + Southerners = does not compute.

Wigan is Pie Central.

Reply to
Pete M

Times, they are a-changing.

Wigan should suffer the same fate as its pier.

Reply to
JackH

I had a hire campervan based on something like one of those in Australia. Yeech. But it was petrol automatic, which almost certainly doesn't help.

(hmm, how many hire cars have I actually enjoyed though? The ancient Ford Falcon estate was fun though deeply crap in many ways. The little yaris was ok in Norway - snow meant the lack of engine wasn't that much of a problem, and the studded tyres were good gear. But I suspect I'd scream if I had to drive it in summer.)

Reply to
Clive George

What be cobbled over and made legendary in song and as a nightclub venue?

Reply to
Elder

Damn... I was under the impression it got burnt to the ground a while back.

Reply to
JackH