Bah

Yea I hated the way Blair stood their next to Bush saying we were going to war. WTF? Why? It had nothing to do with America (who funded Saddam's army from when they were fighting Iran) and even less to do with us! Not a single WMD - you'd think they find *something* especially with all the 'evidence' they had, but no, not even a single warhead - hell they couldn't even be bothered to fake it! But we've sent plenty of men to their wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (granted, we've only gone to Afghanistan teach their men how to play war it seems) and plenty haven't come back, or have come back very different men.

Reply to
DanB

I'll clarify it but I can't be arsed to go through and see what it was I said. :)

Reply to
Conor

My condolences.

Just as long as it's not transport.

Good luck though.

Reply to
Conor

We had the 15% 13 years after Cons came to power...

In Bridlington in 1988, many jobs were =A31/hr. I ended up getting one=20 which paid =A32.50 which was bloody good in the area at the time. There=20 wasn't much money in the town thanks to Maggie shutting the pits in=20 S.Yorks.

But he's not in power so it's easy to admit you're wrong. One thing:=20 Where are the facts and figures to back up his policies?

--=20 Conor

I only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't=20 looking good either. - Scott Adams

Reply to
Conor

It's in this post - I only picked up on the one point pointing the finger at Thatcher.

Reply to
JackH

Cheers. :-)

Ooh, no!

More IT related with some possible uses down the dyno and if it's really quiet, maybe helping the old man out with some of the bigger plumbing jobs he gets.

Seriously, thanks. Given all the bitching and flame wars that go on in here from time to time, it's really nice when someone you've previously called a fuckface or whatever comes out with a message like the above.

;-)

Reply to
JackH

LOL, it's only Usenet. Just think of it as a heated pub argument. We all have our spats and fallouts but we're all pretty affable IRL.

Reply to
Conor

Aww I'm sorry to hear that dude

Mmmmm pies. Or ram raiding/burglary :-p ?

Reply to
DanB

Shit happens. :-)

Got a reasonable amount going on 'elsewhere' anyway at the mo... and I'm actually feeling like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, what with the other crap that was going on at the place concerned.

Curses! How did you guess???

Ram raiding the Ginsters and Pork Farms factories.

Reply to
JackH

Indeed... I think most lose sight of that now and again. All part of the rich tapestry and all that.

Last time I had one of those, I ended up getting a free ride away from the pub. ;-)

Agreed... fuckface.

Reply to
JackH

MMMmmmmmm Ginsters Chicken & Mushroom slices... If you need a buyer for a crate of them, I'm right here with clean cash waiting.

Reply to
DanB

Must be something going around....

Reply to
SteveH

Barclaycard, though the offer I signed up to has gone now. I just look on Money Saving Expert and see who's offering what.

Reply to
Doki

I'm just glad I've done a bit of this and a bit of that over the years, and can adapt if and when needs be.

I don't think resting hopes on any corporate roles is a good thing at the mo.

And in other news... the Pope confesses to being drawn to the Catholic faith.

Reply to
JackH

You ain't seen me... right?

Reply to
JackH

Legal redundancy also has a minimum ammount of notice for each year employed too, or payment in lieu. If the contract notice is one month, and someone has been the company 20 years, which a lot of the managers have, that is a substantial difference.

Reply to
Elder

I think you'll find that notice period doesn't vary, unless it is written in the contract - so, it'll be the contractual 1 month regardless of length of service.

Reply to
SteveH

Well, they appear to be approximatley halving it. Marketing is disappearing, the marketing director was at the meeting and he took the one marketing member based at that office and said "Go home, take tomorrow off, you'll get paid. And keep your head down all week. all of our projects don't exist anymore. Talk to they do all our projects, they'll build you a portfolio of the unfinished stuff" And he is the biggest company man going. More likely to say "carry on as normal until we are told otherwise". They are canning sales staff because you can't sell to people if nobody is building anything new.

Reply to
Elder

Don't tell Doki, he'll want mates rates on a pie.

Reply to
Elder

Egg gives 1% on the egg money card. Upto £200 a year cashback. And I use topcashback where possible, even when buying work stuff. I cleared it with them first and they were happy so I made £10 back from Crucial alone.

I just use my egg money like I used to use my visa debit.

Reply to
Elder