Bargain

Almost tempting to take the opt-out cash and LPG one of those.

Reply to
SteveH

Bad form, but.....

That is the bargain of the year.

Reply to
SteveH

Reply to
SteveH

Hence adding another point of failure to an already flakey motor.

I know you won't believe me, but the route from Frejus to Bologna was notable for the sheer numbers of broken down Alfa 156s, and a surprising number of Rover 45/400s[1].

[1] Not surprising that they break down, surprising that there were so many sold in Italy.
Reply to
Steve Firth

Far to pikey for you I thought?

Reply to
Elder

When exactly did I say that?

I may have referred to some 15 year old barge with LPG as being pikey - but it wasn't the LPG that made it pikey.

A brand new 156 TSpark Sillyspeed for £11k, plus a grand or so for LPG would make a hell of a lot of sense as a company car - especially as it would give Katie a 100k-ish mile / 3 year old car with FSH when it was due for replacement.

Reply to
SteveH

Call me a cynic, but Sillyspeed and 100k miles?

You'd have got so annoyed at it being broken all the time by 100k that you'd have pulled your pubic hair out.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Heh.

That was the only thing that could have been an issue - the warranty would run out around 40-50k miles short of my projected mileage.

Still bloody tempting at that price.

Reply to
SteveH

"Almost disposable".

(c;

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Well, kind of, 'cos the company would be paying for it.

So I'd have a 'free' 3 year old car, shame about the mileage, though....

Reply to
SteveH