Bargain, surely?

"Dan405" wrote

Opposed to yourself? A wanky old 405 driver who dreams about owning an R5 GTT? Oh I'm so hurt by your comments really I am. Go do a google search you know it gives you the horn!

Steve.

Reply to
Steven

Hehehe... But I am going back to 2 wheels.. :p

Reply to
Daz and Lynda

Houston, we have sight of a large rattle being launched from the UK.....

Mind your arse on the door on the way out.

Reply to
SteveH

And if you think this is bad, I think you'd better stay away from UKRM.

Reply to
SteveH

UKRM ?

I'd love the pricks who post in some of the other groups I read to try their spamming crossposting drivel over there... ;-)

Went there once when I had a bike and decided I'd stick to being a lone biker.

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

You're missing a lot, then.

It's a bit, erm, abrasive, but you soon get into the swing of things, and it's worth persevering with if only for the parties / rideouts.

Reply to
SteveH

Abrasive? It was like a text version of all the bits of biking you'd imagined but were willing to forgo to ride a bike. ;-)

"Like wheeling through the town centre before eyeing up some bird at the lights" etc. As the fit bird in Commando says "too much macho bullshit". :-)

I was happy tooting along nodding at my fellow bikers even though I'd L's on my little Aprillia RS125 until I had a reality moment and bought a house. I'd had a bike on my things to do list coz my mum and dad used to ride in the olden days on Norton's etc. to London and places before the M1 was built so the day I got the bike they couldn't say a word coz they'd been there themselves and as shit as my bike was and as frightened as I was having been out on a bike I don't think there's anything that could compare to the feeling when you leaning forward and have to remember to breathe as you open the throttle a little more... :-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

Nah - i can't be arsed :) It may have been too long ago to still mock you for :p

Everyone makes mistakes and all that...

Reply to
Dan405

I'm not old :O! And i don't dream of driving an R5 GTT, i merely said i liked them :)

Reply to
Dan405

And yes, as opposed to myself, i DON'T think Escort's are good :) Although i must admit to liking R5 GTT's... but then, i also like 309 GTi's - i suspect i just have shit taste...

Reply to
Dan405

"Daz and Lynda" wrote

Well done!

Don't go! We were only joking!

Shokka

Reply to
Shockwave

You should know that us women get very attached to our cars yes even Metros!!! im off now to get a little power between my legs

Reply to
Daz and Lynda

Motorbike or Daz power?

(c;

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Good on ya.

Never did get to look at it, and while not to my taste from the description (plus I can't fit in a metro to drive, I know I've tried), but glad you got it sold for what you wanted.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Does that get it whiter than white...? ;)

Reply to
Stuffed

Me too. Its got a good home which was important to me.. but to be fair.. your only going to spend that sort of cash on a metro if you love the car. :) I did... but will not be going back to them, but certainly wouldn't knock em.

Still want my classic car but got my ZZR600 now to keep me happy... and Daz for the rest of the time

Lynda

Reply to
Daz and Lynda

If you can find a good wire wheeled MGB roadster for a sensible amount, go for it! Bear in mind they're a tourer though, not something for blasting down lanes, or doing burn outs at the local McDonalds.. :p

Nice motors, IMO, I'd love one, but very very expensive :(

Reply to
Stuffed

If only it were a Mini Metro. Although that was the car that took all the bad bits of the wonderful Mini, and left out most of the good. Still, not bad cars to thrash around, if a bit too underpowered.

Whereas the K series Metro I drove once had an engine capable of hitting 43 in first (once!) but was nastier round the bends.

Reply to
Stuffed