Bargain, surely?

valuations)

So how would you list the car... as almost all the running gear was replaced at the time of the engine swap... so most of these have done even less.. it states in the ad that the car itself is on 104,000 watch this space soon as there are a few people coming to view over the week

Reply to
Daz and Lynda

That's the tricky thing with mileage - any wearing part can be replaced - over many miles engine components wear, suspension components (bushes, shocks etc.) wear out, brakes wear out (not just pads/discs but caliper seals etc can perish), wheel bearings knacker, etc etc., but if it's been completely restored mechanically, i.e. low mileage engine and box, completely renewed suspension (shocks, suspension arms, bushes etc.), all new brakes (not just pads+discs, but calipers, cylinders etc as well) then the only thing left on a car with high mileage is the bodywork, and that depends entirely on how it's been driven and looked after - you could have a

10 year old 30k rotbox, or a 10 year old 200k immaculate body. So yes the mileage of the car is relevant to a degree, but depending on how much attention it's had in terms of new bits, there could be very little, possible none of it, left with the mileage of the original car on.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Ok ive now updated the mileage after listening to everyone's advise cheers (see I do take notice of the sensible)

Reply to
Daz and Lynda

Personally I don't reckon you needed to - if the mileage of the vast majority of components on the car is around the 30k mark, then that is a more realistic guide. As long as you're honest about the actual mileage the car itself has done (i.e. the shell + whatever original bits are on it), which you have been, then I can't see a problem.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

This is a public group where people state their opinions. Seems fairly clear to me.

Reply to
Lordy

It's normal with restored classics to list the cars melange with how many miles since the restoration, if it has had a 2nd hand engine the mileage that was on it when it was fitted. You will find some cars where virtually everything has been replaced including the body & chassis following the same format (though that would now need to be SVA'd and probably get an Q reg.

Reply to
Depresion

SteveH wrote

Exactly. IMO you'd be lucky to get £500 for it in that state.

In addition the car looks completely shit and is owned by someone named after a washing powder (Daz).

'Nuff said.

Shokka

Reply to
Shockwave

The more correct way IME is to list it as 104,000 on the summary, and call it "modified" and maybe the magic word "restored", detailing the restoration parts and mileage since.

The reason is to not give non-payers a ready excuse for backing out of the deal post-auction. It may not matter in your auction. It's only advice anyway.

Reply to
Sales!

Well this is getting sad now so I shall leave it at that.. enjoy arguing between yourselves will post when its sold and how much cheers to those who gave some interesting comments

Lynda..

Reply to
Daz and Lynda

Hmmmm, yes. A different BADGE!

Whatever you say, MINI-METRO driver.

Shokka

Reply to
Shockwave

like i said the two are completly different freak if you cant see that then what the hell you doing on here??

Reply to
Daz and Lynda

When does your easter holiday finish and you can go back to school?

Dickhead.

Reply to
Dan405

Ooooooooooooooh!!!!!!

Tell you what, take the paint off the brake drums and I'll consider making an offer.

Reply to
Mark W

well like i said it has gone now for the full asking price mmmmmmm nice i will leave you all to it now and delete this group bye and take care..... p.s there are a couple of ok people on here but hey

Reply to
Daz and Lynda

"Daz" wrote

So we won't be seeing you again then? Bye!

Shokka

Reply to
Shockwave

Nah, stay, we all take the piss, that's just how we are. You'll be immune to it in no time if you stick around :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Now you need to come back and post saying you have X to spend on a car so everyone can steering you towards their favourites and rubbish everyone else's selection. ;-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

"Daz and Lynda" wrote

No-one here modifies cars. Well apart from Alloys, stick-on-tat etc.

Steve.

Reply to
Steven

"SteveH" wrote

Abit harsh! Still pissed at me then?

Do we have to bring that up again? Sure Dan will be along soon he seems to love posting about it! Then tell me I never shut up about it! It had a dodgy past, but it was still a good-motor for what it was.

Steve.

Reply to
Steven

"Dan405" wrote