Bloody typical.

After me spending months fretting about what car I could still fun with and have room for moving kit, I get to work with the Saab, everyone likes it and calls me a jammy bastard for how I got it, even the boss.

Then he breaks it to me. "I need you to run me over to Liverpool, the Ariva Depot at Speke, I've bought a truck for shifting crap, and servers".

The git had only been planning it for a while, and not mentioned it, even though he knew I factored in server moving when trying to decide a replacement.

So now the company has a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 LTD auto as the company crap hauler, on the company insurance so anyone over 25 can drive it for business.

Still, it will save wear and tear on my rear suspension when moving the really heavy stuff. I'll use mine for just visiting for setting up etc and claim the petrol allowance.

Got the average mpg on the Saab up from 20.1 to 26.7 in one day including bad traffic, then driving at *cough*mph when it cleared, so he must have been driving it like a cabbage.

Reply to
Elder

Arriva depot? Not C&C diesels?

Oh, and I was offered a Saab "Griffin" today.. £450. Haven't enquired more other than the message was "Saab Griffin, mint, mot&tax, £450".

Reply to
Pete M

Griffins are auto only, every toy possible in a Saab, and 2.0,2.3, and=20 V6 Turbos. Don't bother with the V6. The 2.3 is gruntier, there isn't a cambelt to=20 break, and the V6 only operates the turbo off one bank. Quite a nice place to be according to those who own them.

Not sure which Ariva depot, it was on the corner where Shaw road bends.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Frank the Baptist-beg steal and borrow

Elder