BMW engine transplant

Hey guys,

Looking for suggestions for a suitable engine to transplant into my E30 BMW Would prefer a non BMW unit (just for the sake of being different) and have seen 2l 16v vaux lumps slotted in these regulary

anyone care to offer any thoughts or suggest suitable engines to fit

thoughts in the mix already include

Rover V8 with manual 5 speed

2l 16v XE vaux engine unsure of available RWD box(omega???) Fiat TC ( bit gutless maybe lack of tuning potential)

Ideally i want something that will give a fair amount of fun and be easily modified to give performance at least on par with a 325 (circa 170 bhp)

please feel free to offer any thoughts or comments as looking to start this as soon as i can settle on a suitable power unit :) oh and i dont do diesel or anything that involves REALLY complicated wiring(VR6 engines etc)

regards

Rob

Reply to
Rob

use a carlton or omega box on the back of the XE.

Theres a black 3 series that runs in CCSE, a neatly arranged "375" badge on the back, I *think* its a chevy lump.. anyway it runs 9s......

Reply to
Mark Craft

Oh, this one ?

Woof.