Boom

It's a couple of months old now, but I missed it the first time round;

Bit over the top, but class nonetheless :)

Reply to
Lordy

About time someone in the UK did something constructive about them, hope they were watching when they detonated it to make sure there were no passing cars. Read a while ago when Switzerland installed them that they didn't take into account that the majority of households had some kind of hunting rifle, after a quick internet campaign all the speed camera's had some extra ventilation :-) I don't mind the ones that are put at accident blackspots or in 30/40mph limits, it's the other 90% revenue collectors I'm against.

Reply to
Homer

"In another recent attack on a speed camera in the county, a unit at Framingham Earl near Norwich was damaged by pellets from a high-speed airgun on 6 November.

Damage to that camera was estimated at £30,000. "

hum nasty.

Reply to
Joe

Very. It must take at least a week to make that back with a new one.

Reply to
Stuffed

They stated the cameras cost 30K so I assume it was a 30mm pellet gun to cause 30k's worth of damage? ;-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

You've got a point there, a "high speed airgun" shouldn't be able to total a camera.

Reply to
Sales!

It's amazing how much a new coat of piant can cost at government prices though..

Reply to
Stuffed