brakes grrrrr

Put the new brakes on my 205 today and now the bloody wheels dont fit :( Theres only a touch of scrappage, so hopefully some spacers would fix it. Does anyone know what sizes you can get them in? And whats the most you would put on? I was thinking 3mm if you can get them that size. It'll only be a temporary solution until i get some new 15" wheels in the new year

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Just run em, they'll wear a groove in the wheel and fit just right soon :D

Reply to
DanTXD

Just run em, they'll wear a groove in the wheel and fit just right soon :D

Reply to
DanTXD

Where are they rubbing? If it's only slightly touching couldn't you file/grind a little off the caliper if it's safe to?

Reply to
Homer

I think you'd probably need to grind a fair bit off. I'm using slightly used pads, but if i had new ones in there they'd be rubbing a lot worse

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Its already taken a big chunk out of one wheel and i've only driven about

300m!!
Reply to
Carl Gibbs

You drove with them scrubbing?! DUDE. I was joking about the wearing a gap out thing :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Did I ever mention I've got a set of front discs+pads off a 1.6GTI sitting here?

Ideal for someone's GTI (or a 205 wanting those discs and pads) as no worries due to the wear because they've all worn together, though I couldn't identify which pads were rubbing against which disc.

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in its lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I put everything back together and it all seemed ok. One wheel had trouble going round, put i decided that was because the brakes were sticking a bit where they hadnt been used for a while (which i think it was initially). Got about 150m down the road and a horrible scrubbing started. Crawled back home, took off the wheel and theres a bit gouge round it :) Good way to lighten the wheels :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Well i decided to bring out the grinder anyway and they seem to have done the job, so i'm quite happy! Hopefully these brakes wont cook quite so easily as the last ones!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

In fact here are the nice new brakes ready for some abuse:

So much modding in one day, how will the group cope!!?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs