bye bye GTV

someone brought that alfa GTV at work today, the trader couldn't make it to us so i kindly offered to drop it down to him as he had a van rented from us to bring back anyway. had an excellent blast in the GTV down the A127 and down so backroads, did i'd say about 8 miles or so in it? sounds pretty pants on tick over but when going for it the engine makes a pretty good noise. not fantastically fast but the suspension set up is spot on, pretty flat into the corners and watching them classy dials go up and down is nice to watch. lovely car but it was an 02 plate and trade price was a tad over £7k! probably worth a bit less now i ragged it a bit hehe :)

Reply to
Vamp

ITYM 'bought'. HTH.

Bargain. That's not a lot of money for a future classic......

Reply to
SteveH

One might have to wait a good long while before its worth £7k again though?

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Aye, that's true, but it's not going to depreciate in a big way from there. I've searched for GTVs and even very early ones command £3k plus if they're in decent condition with good history.

Production stops soon, so I'd expect prices to level out for a while, even given the Brera hysteria.

Reply to
SteveH

Heh, that's cheaper than my Pug, and a year newer.

You gotta love Italian depreciation :)

Reply to
Nom

Don't even whisper the word "depreciation" when standing next to a Pug though...

Owned a few Pug's: 405 Estates. My last one was 2 years old, 42000 km on the clock when I bought it... at exactly 25% -being 200.000 BF / 3.200 UKP- of the new price (810.000 BF/ 13.000 UKP)

Consideration afterwards: it was a bad move. I sold the car a year later,

122.000 km on it for about 300 UKP and was glad to see the end of it.

Owned Alfa's too but crashed them instead of selling them on. Liked the Alfa's far more than the Pug.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

But that's my point - that Alfa is even *worse* :D

Reply to
Nom