Capperless

From Saturday I'm going to be Capperless.

Any bets on how long I'll last this time? I believe I managed 4 weeks the last time I said I was selling up and not getting another. Need to find something else to fill the space that'll be left.

Reply to
Conor

Get a Manta GT/E coupe, and marvel at the near-perfect weight distribution and all the handling benefits it brings. Good ones are fetching silly money these days (not that theres many good 'uns left). I'd LOVE another one, albeit with a bit more poke, even via the common redtop conversion.

Reply to
tomScotland

I prefer Capris to Mantas. Hate the way on the Manta when you welly 'em the arse end seems to lift up. Always freaks me out that.

How much is silly money, I know where there are a few GT/Es.

Reply to
Pete M

Well, 3k is pretty silly money, but for that amount the cars are admittedly minters. We're talking unmolested exclusive coupes or well restored ones that have been lightly modified. My GTE coupe never seemed to suffer from a light back end, however it was dropped about 55mm so maybe that was a factor. One thing I do remember was the absolute minimal rear tyre wear. I also remember mine being beautifully neutral with zero body roll (billies and jamex springs, not sure of the poundage offhand), and no understeer to speak of, running on 195/50/15 pirellis it was uber grippy too.

Reply to
tomScotland

Fuck off, I nearly bought an 'E' reg example years ago. Only I lived near the centre of the Boro and with no garage or driveway the insurance was hideous. It was in lovely nick and low mileage :(

Reply to
Abo

And wantage:

Reply to
Abo

Or speaking of Opel:

Reply to
Abo

Is it just me or are the photos on that ad utterly s**te?

Reply to
Timo on tour

Ever thought of getting a Prius?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

The old XJ40 did that when you really welly it. Supposedly helps with off the line traction.

Reply to
Doki