Car computer

Was he a big Ginger? For the life of me, I've blocked out everyone I worked with at Celestica, even the ones I knew from school, and caught up with later.

Scratch that, my boss was Simon Jones. Bit of a Muppet who started there as a temp, so made it to line manager on the new line when the contract started.

Big boss was a woman with iron drawers and blond hair. Always telling us how crap we were doing, and if things didn't change we would lose the contract, and the jobs would be gone. Real motivator type, you know. Then the next week she would be telling us that Dell were realy pleased, even though nothing had changed.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

You can't. The end.

Laptops drive their screens via digital LVD signalling. Same principal as DVI (ie, COMPLETELY different to VGA), but different.

Reply to
Nom

So it's a complete waste of time then :) You can buy a real VGA screen for that !

Reply to
Nom

Yep, but the one he wants is probably 14" max. You don't find many TFTs less than 15" these days, unless you want to spend hundreds on an industrial one. have been quoted upto £1k for a 10.4" with touchscreen.

having siad that, I have also been quoted £390 including VAT and delivery. not the brightest of panels, but should be acceptable at

150cdm. May go with that one, instead of ebaying for old ones.
Reply to
MeatballTurbo

In article , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

It si similar, but not quite DVI. You really will need an expensive control board, and a set of pricey (for what they are) cables.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

In article , snipped-for-privacy@bouncing-czechs.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

It bain't dead. Had a corrupted hibernate file. Once I got it back on a proper VGA monitor, all was fine, just need to rebuild the hibernate file.

Probably won't bother as it is going into my Desktop PC soon any way.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Mount the HDD vertically. That way the head will swing, up and down, not into the platters.

Laptop HDDs last even better. If you can find a recent Laptop that includes a touchscreen (some fujitsu ones do), with a good quality FM modulator, or a head unit with liine in, or a CD changer control with a line in adaptor, run windows on it with a copy of Audiosoft eJukebox

. Fantastic program, but needs 80ox600 min to work properly. But it does databasing of songs, and album art if you have it. Another great program is MediaEngine
MP3 and Movies (files and DVDs) and can launch external apps such as SatNav stuff.

If you are looking for hardware, try

I got an Epia Nehmiah board, 512meg ram, a cheap CDRom drive to install from, and a 1U 150watt miniATX PSU for £249.88 including all shipping and VAT. Just need to find a seriosuly tasty sized HDD below the Epia 160gig HDD limit and I'm away.

Next time I re-install, I plan to use either Media engine, or 4AM music console

Should work well as a touch screen app. I'm currently hunting down old Datalux screen to use in the car.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Disable hibernate. Reanable hibernate.

Problem solved - this deletes, and then recreates, the file :)

Reply to
Nom