Car in a MAG :)

Ok my car is ganna be featured in a mag, but wait not max power etc, but PC Format :)

Is this cool or sad?

Ron

Photos being done this week

Reply to
Ronny

why pc format?

Reply to
da

Thats why :)

Ron

Reply to
Ronny

Heh that pretty cool mate, I was looking to do something along those line with mine since it has a screen in but is a jap import and not much use apart from the climate control stuff. No idea how to plumb it in yet though. The japs like to be all mysterious when it comes to this particular unit.

So it is cool, but running XP hmm not sure on that one :P

Reply to
da

XP rocks, stable as hell, and does everything I want.

You could run a Linux variant if you want, but the apps arnt there for linux yet

Ron

Reply to
Ronny

If you had said that a few years ago it would have been quite good but the last

2 editors have taken the mag and dumbed it down a bit. Still I'll get a copy when you are in.
Reply to
Depresion

Oh and are you using the 2 VGA outputs from the GF FX card? (Well it's 1 digital isn't it)

If you have up to date detonator drivers I don't see why you can't use the nView to run the monitors separately for the front and rear (though you will struggle to get both to play DVD's) you would need to set the primary display to the screen or screens that you want to play DVD's & games on).

Reply to
Depresion

At the moment the FX card is running Clone screen via rca out, and the front is via VGA.

I will however be using the FX for the rear and the onboard gf2 for the front, 2 seperate cards, bit overkill having a Geforce FX 5200 128mb ddr in your car, but hey there only like 60 quid now, in the house on this pc I run a ATI 9800,

Pictures being taken on 11th Novemeber, I have asked to remain Anon bar my first name, as I dont want the RIAA knocking on my door lol.

Cheers Ron

Reply to
Ron

Look out for the black van with the boom mic hanging out the back when your crossing the Severn bridge then, they might be tracking you, you know.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

:) i'm sure they have enough problems with people downloading at home, they havnt cottened on to car pc's yet lol :)

Reply to
Ron

Hang on I'll just send an e-mail to snipped-for-privacy@RIAA.com ;)

Reply to
Depresion

In article , snipped-for-privacy@spam.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Ronny boy ain't the only one.

I gave him the idea, and a few sources, and the race was on to get it all in. And I got a 10.4" LOL.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

In article , snipped-for-privacy@spam.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

But he has done a tidier screen install.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

i thought it was gonna be 'what scrap heap' :)

Reply to
vamp

MeatballTurbo raved thus:

:: Ronny boy ain't the only one. ::

Green Day, nice one!

Abo

Reply to
Abo

Has it crashed, then?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Its always easier though carl, when you have a newer car, remember your the one who got me started on this :)

Ron

Reply to
Ronny

Nothing to do with the thread but, as a skoda fan you may want to have a look at these mods :)

da

Ah the Olds engined Skoda. Yep, know that site well.

I do know a couple of guys with Lancia/Afa/Fiat engined ones, but they stuck them out the rear where they belong.

Very tasty. The standard box will handle about 130BHP, while the straight cut box will handle 150BHP, but the crown wheels are more fragile.

And 130BHP in a car that originally came with 65BHP, and has had all aditional weight (seats, carpets, soundproofing, glass windows replaced with perspex etc) is a bloody fast car. Especially when it has a close ratio box, with a quick shift lever, and fully independant suspension, 4 pots up front, and an allup fully fuelled weight of about 760 kilos (marginally more than a reliant robin).

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Big Dave recons he's running 800BHP lol I can't wait to see him at the pod with that thing.

Reply to
da