Car in a MAG :)

Reply to
Theo

It's very cool... but then I'm a grade A geek.

I wish my car pc was finished :-/ Need.... money...

Reply to
Simon Burrows

My Italian friend who drives a Merc C320 diseasel estate car had it crash on the A14 Bari-Bologna a few weeks ago. A software crash that is. Unfortunately he was doing 220km/h at the time and the software crash killed the engine and hence power steering and power brakes stone dead. He managed to get it to the hard shoulder without incident but the car was dead. He called the dealer and was told to "reboot" the car by turning off the ignition, waiting then restarting it.

It ran again.

Now he wants to get rid of it ASAP.

Sadly the BMW he had his eye on as a replacement runs embedded Windows so that's even more crash prone.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I have heard of this reported on some SLKs, there's a theory it's to do with some of the electronics on motorway gantries giving of stray EM fields but that may just be a cop out from Merc.

Reply to
Depresion

But has the I Drive any control over engine management?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Dunno, but a BMW did lock a Malaysian politician in for a few hours, didn't it?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Perhaps it's about time we saw BMWs in Downing street, then.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

ROFL, oh I'd advocate them for all of Whitehall in that case. After all, it's the civils who actually dream up the stupid ideas that politicians tout as their own.

Reply to
Steve Firth