Car Tax

Ah right, as you were :)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

4A-GE covers like 5 generations of various engines it seems, including the "Blacktop" 20v with ITBs, 4A-GZE was the supercharged one.
Reply to
DanB

99p start, no reserve, ending in 5 days, could get lucky?
There's also one on the Fensport website from an AE86 for £85+VAT.
Reply to
Homer

What about a VAG 1.4 turbo diesel? Keep both your cars sooty. Wasn't there a build of a 1.9 TDi Wiesel in Practical performance car?

Reply to
Elder

The orange one I have mentioned before, that you knew what brand it was, that has an R1 engine and a sequential gearbox that has 6 forward gears, then you reverse, you flick a switch, and you have 6 reverse gears. The box it's self is well small! Just a little gold box with a stick and switch poking out :-)

I'm suddenly remembering a conversation where we were told under no un-certain terms to tell his mum he'd bought 'that one' (I knew the name at the time) as she was aware of the name = but only cos he had promised not to cos it was 'not that cheap'.

Reply to
DanB

You can solve any problem if you throw a bucket of cash at it ;) But I can't even afford a bucket at the mo'. Any changes have to be cheap, my last engine change cost me nothing once I'd sold the crossflow to some daft southerner who paid over the odds then drove

200 miles in a Land Rover to pick it up, then home again :)
Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Probably a Quaife.

There have been others, but the Quaife is the most prolific. Around 900 quid plus Velocity Added Turbulance IIRC.

Your correspondent continues to work on a plan for a cheap alternative.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Hehe yea I didn't think about that before I started typing, which is a shame, cos then maybe I wouldn't have made like, 5 obvious S&G errors, as I'd have typed no more than "The orange kitcar I know has a reverse gearbox (6 speed each way), but I think it was big pennies"

Reply to
DanB

Apologies :-) Originally I was just answering "bike engines sound like rabid chainsaws and have no reverse" - I just got a bit over excited hehe! It doesn't sound like a rabid chainsaw, more like 2000 sports bikes in one - but at Elvington it does have to use this extra huge silencer to get under the noise limit - and then it just sounds a bit weird, like a hyper farting duck or something.

Reply to
DanB

Starter motor mounted on top of the diff driving the pinion with a chain and sprocket.

Reply to
Homer

Not for me thank you.

They're generally rubbish.

My solution will involve the engine driving the car in reverse.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Just use the other engine? (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

If I were to be bolting the other engine in, I would want both to drive frontways.

(Cackles insanely)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Mazda RX7 Turbo. And go for some straight through pipes too.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Spotted on an RX8 logbook that they're now listed as 2660cc, but on the MOT computer you can choose between that and 1300ish.

Bastards. How out of order is that?

Reply to
Pete M

Heh, as people are recommending stuff that's not light nor under 1550cc, how about a supercharged LS2 motor?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Keith Black 500ci lump running on methanol.

Reply to
Pete M

Anyone got a nice turboshaft motor lying around from a helicopter?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

If it'll work in a bike...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The new ZR1 motor, is a supercharged all aluminium LS9, 638bhp and 604lbs/ft :-)

Reply to
DanB