cars of 2006

Future classic, as long as they've really solved the longevity problems then they'll be doing 20mpg when fuel is £10/l

And oversteer on demand of course.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Heh, don't get me wrong though, I still think it really is a fantastic thing to see and hear being driven in anger.

Douglas Payne

It's funky isn't it? But you know I think I'd settle with the older generation model, save for the wacky light treatment.

Yes, there's something about proper American muscle cars. Okay or at least their updated relatives. Charlie argues that a proper American muscle car has carburetors the size of a drain pipe and several of them. Oh and it reaches the rev limiter in fourth at about 110 mph. Oh and it has a range of around half where the speedo reaches too. :)

For me, I dunno, the Jonathan Palmer day in the summer was life changing really. First time I've driven a Porsche 911 with that strange 911 method of driving. Loved it. Even if it was absolutely chucking it down and the road was partially flooded.

The single seat Forumla Audi machine was also reasonably quick in a straight line but had superb brakes and better yet, responded to that arcade game technique of turning in just as you complete the braking so as to encourage the back end out, then nail the power, it keeps it going just beaaaauuuuutiful. :-P

D'oh. I also forget the B6 Passat TDI, for it's superlative drive and soft feel dashboard. Cars this good are few and far between...

...because everybody goes for the better options. :)

Reply to
DervMan

I've never spent quite so much time backwards

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

S'OK, I won't be working by then hopefully so it'll be pure pleasure driving.

Of course!

Reply to
Conor

Seconded.

For a reason I can't explain, BMW M6, and probably that new Gallardo - the gunmetal faster one.

Reply to
Iridium

Oh right, so kind of self-explanatory then! Cheers.

Reply to
conkersack

All it'll take is a green party government...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

M6 or CL63AMG... That is the question.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Meant CLS63AMG...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The advantage of RWD. As long as I can get the propshaft to hook up to whatever an approved powerplant is, I'll not have a problem. It's one of the joys of a Capri. Massive engine bay and you can stick either a front wheel drive motor (Zetec/ Vauxhall Redtop) or RWD motor in.

Reply to
Conor

One, nobody will let you out of any junctions. The other, ewww ugly.

Reply to
DervMan

But

which way round

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Ferrari 430, still reminds me of a flashy speedboat somehow New shape M5 Panoz Esperante New Corvette New Mustang GT

Reply to
Abo

Woops, forgot: Z-Cars Mini space frame with two turbo'd bike engines...

Reply to
Abo

I like the 640 Murcielargo that is the fast one. And yes, Accountant Grey, black wheels, but cheeky yellow calipers.

Reply to
Elder

sicko! nice choice for a combo for the body colour/caliper.

now stop day dreaming!

Reply to
Vamp

Come one, you have to admit, they are the only types can afford one. Where I used to work, the boss had a 550 Maranello, but the auditor who came in to approve the books once a year drove a Diablo. And they would arrange to arrive at the same time. You really won't believe how far away you can hear that many cylinders running through custom stainless exhausts.

Reply to
Elder