Castrol Long Life Oil

Not just the M3 - my dealer uses this stuff at that price on all (petrol?) cars. Even although earlier ones can't have their service indicator altered to take advantage of the longer change intervals.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Don't the 'M' cars need a heavier vicosity oil? Something like 15w/50 or

10w/60?

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Possibly a different grade, but still a long life Castrol only available from dealers at about 12 quid a litre.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

suitable for

available and

Name another oil approved for the E46 M3.

Reply to
adder1969

I believe Texaco Havolene 5w/40, Motul 8100 LL-98, Motul Specific LL-01, Gulf BMW Longlife, Symbol Ceramic and Ceramic F1, Shell Helix Ultra, Mobil 1

0w/40 [specifically], Amsoil 5w/40 European, Fuchs Supersyn SL and many others can be used if they meet the relevant BMW LL specification. The above are a small selection and AFAIK all meet LL-01 [the current spec] except the Motul8100. I have random selected a few oils available in the USA as well as top European names such as Fuchs. Most of the majors now have an oil meeting BMW LL-01 in their range.

Huw

Reply to
Huw