Yokohama and avon tyre pressures

Hi to all, I have got a pair of Yokohama tyres and there are 195/45r15 and a pair of Avon 195/45r15 and i dnt know the psi of them. Wats my best bet to do. Can any one recomend any places ring or is there any web sites i am try. Thanks to all for looking Ash

Reply to
Corsa_Ash

On a Corsa we presume?

Reply to
Justin Cole

Hello,

Try Tesco or any other garage as they usually have a chart on the wall - be warned that it only states tyre pressures for CORRECT sized wheels and tyres for the model you have. You shouldn't really go changing the size of wheels and tyres on a car as the ones with it are the ones it was designed for! Altering that can change handling and even make it worse. Your insurance is also invalid if you make changes without declaring them.

Reply to
GT

Look in your owner's manual, or ask another Corsa owner to look in theirs, or ring your local Vauxhall dealer and ask them.

You need to know the stock tyre pressures for your car.

Then add 2psi ontop, and voila.

Reply to
Nom

Yep.

It's good practice to raise the pressure slightly when you're running lower-profile rubber - the alloy connecting with the road, is a bad thing.

Doesn't really affect things unless you make a *huge* size change. 15" rims on a Corsa will be fine.

Again, he's only gone up to 15" rims - it'll be fine.

Yes, but that's a given. His insurance company will have already told him that when he took out the policy...

Reply to
Nom

in news:ZQupd.481$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net, "GT" slurred :

Um? As long as you keep the same rolling radius and offset, and make sure you get wheels that have the correct PCD and centre bore, then the geometry isn't affected by changing from the stock ones. Putting lower profile tyres on will reduce the effective compliance in the suspension, but the stock suspension on a corsa is soggy enough that that isn't really a problem unless you really go mad.

It's a Corsa - you can't make it worse. I didn't believe they were really that bad until I drove one, and they really are.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

I've added 2 PSI onto the book pressure for the correct size spec tyres that that the factory specced.

If I left it at the factory recommended pressure (according to the garage line I use) it tramlined everywhere, and felt really soggy, and did nowt for consumption.

2PSI up, feels sharper, no noticable loss of grip, and less tramlining. They aren't the same make as the factory specced, but good name tyres all the same. Bit noisy though compared to my old Avon ZV1's on the Saab.
Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Yep - factory figures are always too low !

They do it specifically so you can do stupid things like emergency-stops on VERY rough surfaces etc.

Reply to
Nom