DanB

Yes.

HTH.

Reply to
DanB

No.

Microsoft: 47.7%

Rest of the market: 52.3%

Which means MS, whilst actually having a larger market share, has a smaller market than the sum of the properly compliant news clients out there.

Reply to
SteveH

It's what I drive on a daily basis for at least the next couple of months.

Reply to
SteveH

That's not really fair, Microsoft vs 19 other companies and they still get nearly half of the total pot and OE in it's various versions has by far the biggest percentage of the whole thing. I haven't even heard of half of those I must admit so I have no idea how they work heh - maybe some are OE clones :-p

How do people that use Google Groups to read and post get counted in there, as I can't see any browsers there? Surely if they log in and post then they must be counted somewhere?

Reply to
DanB

Well, fair or not, most of the users out there are using a standards compliant newsreader, not the MS interpretation of standards..... and a large number of Outlook / Outlook Express users will have installed OE Quotefix and / or set a fixed-width font in order to make Outlook compliant.

Reply to
SteveH

Can't understand why anyone is still using OE when Live Mail is a free download and more robust. And fixes quotes, links and bottom posts.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Oh, I always kinda assumed the sig (It used to be on UKRM that had them so I learned there) was for your garage, as in like, things you own. Mind you, there aren't many things in the world that are less important than this discussion is there heh. I still, technically own a Fiat Doblo and a Hornet

600c.

I reckon I could ride the bike, it'd need to be ready in 3rd gear - it'd set off in 3rd easy I'm sure - lower me on, dip the clutch, fire her up and maybe a couple of people to steady me just as I get going a bit and incase I stall. Also, I don't recall ever really using the back brake so I should be good to go, as long as I don't need to stop... Hmmm. That might be a problem...

Reply to
DanB

Well, I'll be keeping it for longer than some people keep their cars and / or bikes ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Heh that's only too true! I only had the 197 for like 4 months, and only drove it for 2 months! Then sold it for £2k less than I paid (I thought it was 2.5 but mum pointed out I sold it for £500 more than I thought). £500 a month in depreciation hehe :-p! What's that, about £17 a day? Ooof. Ah well, it was worth every penny of that for the memories of The 'Ring and the Stelvio pass... :-)

- (obviously I have the full rez un-water marked version)

Reply to
DanB

Are you absolutely certain that all of the other newsreaders are completely compliant?

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Fixed it for you.

Reply to
Conor

Inertia, or laziness. I'm too lazy to install another application on my notebook.

Reply to
DervMan

Really? That's a lot of car for the money. It was owned by a principle dealer of a Jag dealership and was dry stored for 4 years from 2004-2008. The guy that owned it scoured the country for the right one when he bought it last year, certainly looks and sounds like a decent example.

I feel a bit better about the SD1 after a nights sleep, but I would seriously considering buying an XJR at some point so I'll bear it in mind.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Here, in Pan, it underlined the right bit on reading - since the default Ubuntu Pan setup displays in a proportional font. Quoting it, though, had it underlining the wrong bit, since the compose window uses a fixed-width.

Reply to
Adrian

I'm going to have to start looking for a nice SD1 if you keep talkin' about them...

Reply to
Pete M

Not fixed, If you had said E reg light blue and rust overpriced shed XJS £1800 at local dealer that would have been fixed.

Still, as long as it has a decent ticket on it, it would be fine to relive your "return of the saint" memories and pretend you are on the south of france for one summer, then shift it on while it still has some ticket left.

Reply to
Elder

3.6 or V12?

I'd quite like another 3.6, but I don't think I'll be buying one in a hurry.

Reply to
Pete M

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 19:04:58 +0000, SteveH spouted:

It underlined your new purple toy

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Very odd.

It's all pot-luck where proportional fonts are involved.

Reply to
SteveH