Classic Car hire.. straw poll.

know it makes sense

Reply to
Letharge

This doesn't, but it'd be more fun!

Willy Eckerslyke

Expensive, and doesn't really do anything better than a quick saloon or hot hatch. Estate agents and polo-playing 20-somethings drive them.

Don't see the point in spending 200 quid just to drive a car for the day.

Reply to
SteveH

Ben Blaney realised it was Thu, 03 Feb 2005 09:53:54

+0300 and decided it was time to write:

That's wat Pete asked for (literally: 'what you lot might be interested in') - so that's exactly what he got from us lot. :-)

Reply to
Yippee

Ben Blaney gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Without the right lottery ticket, depressingly much for me...

The Lightweight E demonstrator was for sale - £150k... Sold.

Reply to
Adrian

Willy Eckerslyke gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I don't know which I want more.

Actually, I think I do. Comrade.

I Want It.

Reply to
Adrian

It's such a disgusting car. Begs for a T5 engine and black tinted windows, and silly lowering.

Reply to
Doki

Doki ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Amateur.

Adrian

In news:Xns95F2DB3C96894adrianachapmanfreeis@130.133.1.4, Adrian decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

probably easier to do than to put some silly little undersized 5 pot with a blower in...

V8 every time

Reply to
Pete M

Exactly. Mr Blaney knoweth.

That's the intended market, but with some really nice stuff to make it more fun for us to do, 328s for example.

To be honest, it's all been interesting and helpful.. with the exception of "I always wanted a Carlton"

Reply to
Pete M

Pete M ( snipped-for-privacy@blue-nopressedmeat-yonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Not to mention that said silly little undersized 5 pot would be the wrong way round anyway...

Reply to
Adrian

Pete M ( snipped-for-privacy@blue-nopressedmeat-yonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Don't forget the Rancho...

Reply to
Adrian

T5 motor wouldn't fit, however...

If this (check the seat covers!!! - how many teddybears died???)

met

your wish would be granted =8(

Alistair J Murray

In news:Xns95F2ED36AE970adrianachapmanfreeis@130.133.1.4, Adrian decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Which is why it'd be easier putting a V8 in :)

Reply to
Pete M

Personally, I'd *love* one of these with a V8 in.

I think that's a really nice looking car, worryingly enough

Reply to
Pete M

So an early Estelle 130LSE with the right bumpers and front and rear lights is possible then? Cool ;)

I'm actually getting more and more tempted to phone about a 100 quid 120l up the road, if I can't work out WTF is wrong with the Metro.

/thread hijack

Reply to
Stuffed
[...Volvos for the truly twisted...]

282C with ruched teddy-pelt interior - niiiiiiiiice =8)

If it comes with a baaaaaaaaad double breasted suit in a clashing colour, I'll take a week...

That worried me too...

Alistair J Murray

But the Boxter is widely regarded as about the best of the roadster brigade !

I have to agree with Steve here - I'd never spend a wodge of my hard-earned hiring a car.

Although, I suspect you won't be catering to folk like us :)

Reply to
Nom

Excluding, perhaps, the MX5... at least for outright fun.

I sometimes wonder if I should have pursued an MX5 Euphonic with more determination last year, but then I have to carry something like a tree and decide the Beetle was the right car after all ;)

Richard (besides, the Supra is now taxed and is getting four new Falkens today - because Bridgestones cost 1/2 what the car is feasibly worth :( ).

Reply to
RichardK-PB

I have just ploughed through all hundred odd replies in this thread, and thought I would put in my own ideas now.

First of all, I would not want to hire anything that would be guaranteed to put more points on my licence, so the Ferrari, Porche and Aston would be too risky. The E-Type and the Mk 2 Jag I believe would be possible to drive gently, so I could be tempted by them.

In reality, I would be tempted to hire something that would not be practical for me to own but I would like to have a go in. So in no particular order: Morgan +4 A 1960s Mercedes - like the 220SE Rover P5B, or even P5 3-Litre Citroen CX or DS Jensen Interceptor/FF MG TD MG Magnette ZB Wolsey 6/110 Humber Super Snipe Jowett Jupiter VW Camper De Lorean Citroen "Traction Avant" (Maigret style - is it the Light 15?) Vauxhall Cresta Bentley S3 Vitesse 2-litre convertible Bristol 401 Volvo P1800S

Some of these have been mentioned by others, but they take my vote too.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren