Clutch fried.....

You may remembering me asking about the clutch on my 75 a few weeks back.

It's currently in with my 'tame' mechanic for a service, and he's diagnosed that the clutch is fsked. As I thought.

Anyway, it's only £100 for a quality replacement, and, at his rates, probably about £50 to fit.

Also on the list was a camchain tension, transmission oil change and a service. All done and the car declared 'a very tidy example'.

So, should see change from £250 all-in. Bargain.

Can't pick her up 'till tomorrow, though :-(

Reply to
SteveH

SteveH waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

Fookinell, take it he's either Italian, mental, or hasn't been shopping since 1957.. They're a bitch to do aren't they? Sounds like a bargain deal though!

and that's if all goes well.. I'm still gutted I couldn't get the wedge / time / travelling together for the Timo 75, ah well.

Reply to
Pete M

Nah, they're not all that hard to do, and £50 is 2 hours labour.... (plus VAT, of course).

It does help that he used to own an Alfetta GTV6, though ;-)

(it's the V6 clutch that's a bit of a pain, ISTR, certainly in terms of parts prices)

Heh... it will go well. He knows what he's doing and can't see any problems doing it. Helps that he is enthusiastic about working on Alfas, too.

Was a shame about Timo's - looked like it was well worth buying.

Reply to
SteveH

My 10 year old, 92k miles, french car (405 1.6i) had its MOT yesterday - failed on one point - handbrake cable :) Dunno why that could be officer.... ;)

Reply to
Dan405

On an UTTERLEY unrelated topic, i just read most of the Making a Will thread in UKRM :) That was a biblical smackdown :) Managed to find it on google once NTL returned to me.

God i'm bored....

Reply to
Dan405