Collecting the Samba convertible tomorrow

Travelling to Tring from Wakefield early am - with exams that I've not finished marking :-(

Hopefully it'll be OK - I'll give it a thorough check-over and then make the trip back, with a card from Mr RAC if needed as I've got relay service.

David

Reply to
David Lane

Good luck fella. And may the sun shine on you righteously.

Reply to
Elder

Thanks Carl,

The car *should* be OK as it passed an MOT in Feb but I'll check anyway. I found a good site that looks at Pug 104's and it's got a detailed guide.

E.g. did you know that the 205 was actually a re-bodied 104 on the same chassis? I wonder if the 1.9 GTi engine would fit?

David

Reply to
David Lane

Someone on here had one converted i think, or maybe an engine similar and planned a gti transplant

Reply to
Chet

Wasn't it a 305 with a 1.9 8v from a 405 in it? Or something heh.

Reply to
Iridium

Similar engine and ropey old pug, i was correct :D

Reply to
Chet

An MOT doesn't mean an awful lot in Wakefield area.

Like the thinking.

Reply to
Conor

[snip]

Some would argue that a truckers' comment in a cars newsgroup is worth the same.

Point of the matter is that it very much depends where and who says it...

Reply to
DervMan

Why, do we not own cars?

One could say that in a modifications group, comments from a person who just bolts Halfords tat onto whatever Eurobox they're currently running aren't worth the same either.

Reply to
Conor

Why did you snip the next bit?

Or those of us who don't modify.

Reply to
DervMan

Which doesn't include me. Just been at mine with the spanners today.

Reply to
Conor

Fine - but I'm collecting it from Tring. In Hertfordshire.

David

Reply to
David Lane

Nor I, but you still didn't explain why you snipped the point of my post that got your goat...

Reply to
DervMan

Sorry, I read it as the other way round.

Reply to
Conor

I didn't.

Reply to
Conor

That's OK. Insult people from Wakefield freely - I live in Dewsbury!

David

Reply to
David Lane

There's a famous quote that I can't remember about it being better not to say anything and have people think you're stupid than to say something and remove all doubt. The same thing goes for sticking shit to your car.

Reply to
Doki

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Reply to
Iridium