Cool vid

Mad Japs alert. First a shootout between the Boxster, 350Z, M3 and S2000 with a GT-R as camera car, then the interesting bit, an old Corolla AE86 beating a GT-R using a "bit" of drifting.

I could grow to like these Jap cars you know....

Reply to
Tony Bond
*blushes*
Reply to
Tony Bond

All 49mb of it are plodding down on my 56k connection :)

Reply to
Dan405

Beating it at what? I used to have one of them, bit underpowered but I could see it beating a Skyline on a very twisty course if the Skyline never got a chance to use it's power.

Reply to
Homer

But the Skyline is seen as one of the best handling cars money can buy, what with all its hocus pocus gizmo's, surely it could take a s**te old Corolla on any course?

Reply to
Dan405

eh???

Reply to
Theo

No, the Skyline is like playing Gran Turismo in real life ;-)

And that s**te old Corolla was one of the last real cars to come out of Japan.

Reply to
SteveH

Driven one yet have we :) ? And this is by no means a bad thing, it may not be as 'fun' but that doesn't mean its slower.

Just cos its old, ugly, probly rusty, and RWD, doesn't make it a proper car.

Reply to
Dan405

Compared to a lot of the modern mass produced s**te it is a proper car. It was good enough to win the British Touring Car Championship two years running. The car in the video wasn't exactly standard though, revving it past the redline and off the clock :-)

Reply to
Homer

sounds like a certain italian marque

Reply to
Theo

Lol :)

Reply to
Dan405

Yea, but the Vauxhall Cavalier also won the BTCC at some point :)

Heh, the vid will be down soon :)

Reply to
Dan405

I'm guessing that this is one of the "Best Motoring" videos? If so then it's worth the download as I have it somewhere the others are good as well.

Reply to
Depresion

You need to see some Initial D cartoons. According to the Japs the AE86 Sprinter is the ultimate old school drift car. In the right hands it can beat anything through a twisty mountain road. I call bullshit but you know how mad the Japanese are. In the first three seasons you see the heros AE86 beat the following:- R32 GTR Series 4 RX-7 Series 6 RX-7 Evo 3 Lancer Evo 6 Lancer

200SX Sil80 And a few others.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Nah, the electrics would work on the Toyota.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston