Could be interesting ...

the effect of redneck baiting, and the death threats from the corvette owners after the review.

Reply to
Elder

Surely Clarkson would just constantly slate every car?

Reply to
Doki

Precisely.

Reply to
Elder

Most Americans love Top Gear though.

Like every culture, there are taboos that some people take very seriously. It just so happens that the automobile is one of those things for the US of A.

I mean, soccer - sorry, football - is one of the most s**te ways of spending time, either playing or watching, and yet it's considered a national pasttime of the United Kingdom.

Repeat the above in a few pubs, stick to your guns, tell people how appalling the national sport is, then see how many brawls you start.

It's the same thing...

Reply to
DervMan

I'd argue with that - there is a subset of die-hard Chevrolet/Ford Chrysler fans over there, much like there are the equivalents over here, but the vast majority of Americans don't give a flying f*ck about cars, in my experience, other than what's the shiniest / most expensive / newest model. Bit like here then, really.

I mean, cars are cars - they ain't going to rouse the passion of a fine upstanding patriotic American Citizen like a good trades-union / religion / Gridiron (tee hee!) / baseball slating session will!

Reply to
conkersack